New battery percentage meter!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but if WP wants to compete with Android and iOS they need to shove every known feature in there and it has to be always visible so that people won't forget it's there. It also needs to have a background behind it.

Dear Lord, I hope this is sarcasm... :)

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else notice after the update that now in the notification center there is a battery percentage meter under the battery symbol? I just noticed this today and was pretty happy to see it there.
Pretty cool, never noticed that before. I like that design.
For those that want it all the time get something like battery performance or flashlight (I use this currently because I didn't notice the pull down percentage) that allows you to quick status the battery percentage to your lock screen or pin it to a live tile.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Amen. It is sad that the original core idea of WP having a minimal interface is slowly being watered down to cater to obsessive people that can't live without looking at their battery percentage every 2 minutes, closing every app that is open, games in the app list, etc.
So, according to you, giving more options to people is bad thing?
This is what I don't understand about a lot of people. How does having more options that don't affect how you use the phone hurt you?
Leaving the battery percentage in the notification centre is good enough. But things like the ability to close open apps? How does it affect you in any way? If you don't like to close apps, don't close them. Problem solved.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Options are bad. I think we should only have one accent color and one tile on the Start screen. :devil:

Seriously though, I have no problem with closing apps but it was obviously added to appease people that are used to doing so in other mobile OSes. You don't really need to close anything with WP but it's there if you want to. Unnecessary but good, like a lot of stuff in 8.1.

What I have a problem with is changes that are made that aren't options but permanent dumb decisions. The no longer auto-hiding status bar is one. There's no option for that. Same with games in the app list, the new "cursor", and the dumbed down hubs. We're basically stuck with those because a few newbies that were used to other OSes complained about having to deal with something different.

So no battery percentage in the status bar. We have enough new "stuff" to deal with already.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Options are bad. I think we should only have one accent color and one tile on the Start screen. :devil:

Seriously though, I have no problem with closing apps but it was obviously added to appease people that are used to doing so in other mobile OSes. You don't really need to close anything with WP but it's there if you want to. Unnecessary but good, like a lot of stuff in 8.1.

What I have a problem with is changes that are made that aren't options but permanent dumb decisions. The no longer auto-hiding status bar is one. There's no option for that. Same with games in the app list, the new "cursor", and the dumbed down hubs. We're basically stuck with those because a few newbies that were used to other OSes complained about having to deal with something different.

So no battery percentage in the status bar. We have enough new "stuff" to deal with already.
OMG, you are being annoying...Why is there always this one person who claims the smallest things will ruin the OS, and closing apps I very useful when you have multiple instances of messaging open for some unknown reason. Some of us like new things, and like one person said it could be an option between percentage and meter. Just please stop complaining this is why we can't get new things.

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's a matter of being resistant to change but a matter of being concerned that in an effort to simply check off cheekboxes for things other OSes have we'll end up getting away from the design aesthetic that really sets WP apart from the competition.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's a matter of being resistant to change but a matter of being concerned that in an effort to simply check off cheekboxes for things other OSes have we'll end up getting away from the design aesthetic that really sets WP apart from the competition.
You're right, but I doubt not having an easily viewed battery percentage will attract new customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon