Unable to install 8.1 on nokia 920

whiteblackfeather

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have tried installing 8.1 atleast 6 times and each time I get a blue screen with a sad face after 8.1 is finished installing. This is on Nokia 920. I have tried it on a newly reset device as well but no dice. I have searched through different forums and haven't seen a solution. Has anyone been able to solve this?

Here's what I did:
1) Installed preview for developers app
2) Accepted all the conditions and signed in with my developer account
3) Installed 3 updates (including 8.1)
4) Get a blue sad face :(

It will be great if someone can provide any guidance.

Thanks!

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Search the 920 forum for a post called : Bricked Lumia 920 Blue Screen and Sad Face.

It sounds like the same problem you're having. It lists a fix there.

Good luck!

whiteblackfeather

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I did sign up for a dev account and installed the preview for developers app as well but still no luck. I have tried installing 8.1 several times (7 to be precise) and each time i get the blue screen. Whenever I get the blue screen I'm able to revert back to WP8 by using the nokia recovery tool.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get 8.1 installed on 920 without hitting the blue screen? I have been following the update process to the dot but haven't been successful. Also, the nokia 920 thread talks about recovering the phone, which I don't have a problem with. I just want to install 8.1 on my 920 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes