05-19-2014 07:03 PM
45 12
tools
    After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.
    05-18-2014 08:22 PM
    Then post this thread to android.
    05-18-2014 08:49 PM
    I need tips on the phone, not the OS.
    05-18-2014 09:09 PM
    There's actually an area on Android Central's forums on the LG L70; perhaps the discussion would be more appropriate there? I doubt a forum devoted to Windows Phone will be able to speak as enthusiastically or intelligently about converting to an Android phone as they can. You can find the area on Android Central here: LG L70 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    05-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Why you don't try another windows phone device more performed than Lumia 520
    05-18-2014 09:24 PM
    Good luck. Windows Phone certainly isn't for everyone. I give you kudos for giving it a try. I agree that you probably won't find much info on the LG L70 round these parts.
    05-18-2014 09:26 PM
    05-18-2014 09:29 PM
    Why you don't try another windows phone device more performed than Lumia 520
    It's not about the phone. I really like the device, beatiful and clean like all the Lumias. Its more about the OS.
    05-18-2014 10:45 PM
    Thanks for the help guys!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-18-2014 10:46 PM
    The OS (WP8/8.1) is fantastic.. and a much more rewarding experience on the higher end Windows Phones. Have you tried a 1020, 1520, or Icon?
    05-18-2014 10:51 PM
    I tried a friend's 1020 with WP8. Yeah, its fantastic, Nokia as always did a great job. What really bothers is how far behind WP apps are. I mean not only Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram. There are so many other examples and its a big deal for me. I love everything about WP, but right now i feel like its time for a change. Hopefully i'll be back soon. Again, thanks for the help guys.
    MyNL822 and prasath1234 like this.
    05-18-2014 11:17 PM
    I tried a friend's 1020 with WP8. Yeah, its fantastic, Nokia as always did a great job. What really bothers is how far behind WP apps are. I mean not only Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram. There are so many other examples and its a big deal for me. I love everything about WP, but right now i feel like its time for a change. Hopefully i'll be back soon. Again, thanks for the help guys.
    Sounds like you're just waiting for the apps you mature, no biggie there, in our own way, we all kind of are. Hopefully you keep your 520 around, maybe something will pull you back. About the phone though, sadly, I don't know much about it (I keep tabs on the high-end Android devices, wondering if they'll ever come to WP lol). Good luck with your choice, and yeah, let the apps mature as the OS does the same. :)
    BobLobIaw and Gustavo Pereira like this.
    05-18-2014 11:42 PM
    don't sell your 520, most probably you will be coming back to it...... I bet on 1 month.
    05-19-2014 02:48 AM
    I really don't understand if its the OS's fault or the developers!! Can't the developers just create decent apps for WP as they do for Android and iOS?!! What's their problem?
    A895 and FAHMI BASSEM like this.
    05-19-2014 02:57 AM
    Don't feel about switching back to Android, but I do recommend you keep your 520 as a solid backup. And that way you can track the OS's progress in development.
    Gustavo Pereira likes this.
    05-19-2014 03:28 AM
    After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.
    Take this as my personal 2 cents:
    A) I'd never buy an LG because of the poor quality and, in Taiwan and other countries, low quality of service. However i don't deny there may be good ones.
    B) My personal choice in Android goes to either HTC (design, build quality, materials, UI Tweaks) or Samsung Note, and only the Note family (But at the price of very cheap plastic and a terrible UI with their customized version but nothing you can't change).
    So my range would be:
    A) HTC One, New One, One Mini or Butterfly S (one of the best underrated phones out there) or some of the new Desire family (saw an orange one in Taipei and it was really nice to handle and use, at a good price.
    B) A Galaxy note (better wait for the 4 but you may have different tastes), if you need to work with text, manipulate documents, write notes etc.

Been trying many other devices in shops and i didn't find myself happy with LG to date. I was attracted by the LG Flex (curved shape and antiscratch paint that self repairs when scratched) but after holding one in hand i gave up. Too plasticky. Terrible feeling for a good design.

I am waiting on Note 4 as well. I may migrate back to Android as well or at best use both platforms till my 1520 becomes a bit obsolete. It's just not making me happy.

Hope this helps
    05-19-2014 04:23 AM
    All essential Apps required for daily tasks is available in Store......Day by day No. of apps are added to store.....WP8.1 has best UI..
    NOTE: ALL ANDROID'S NOT COMPATIBLE FOR UPCOMING MAJOR UPDATES....
    05-19-2014 04:33 AM
    I really don't understand if its the OS's fault or the developers!! Can't the developers just create decent apps for WP as they do for Android and iOS?!! What's their problem?
    Um, money? It costs a lot to create a decent app and there are insufficient WP users to justify that developer effort. Not enough buying paid apps, not enough to make money from ad-supported apps.
    05-19-2014 05:14 AM
    The 520 is one of the cheapest, rubbish models aimed for poor people and children. It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and then saying all Volkswagens are crap.
    05-19-2014 05:45 AM
    Um, money? It costs a lot to create a decent app and there are insufficient WP users to justify that developer effort. Not enough buying paid apps, not enough to make money from ad-supported apps.
    Money??? Who is paying them to create decent apps for android or ios? Obviously not the users! Nor the companies. Its sth else, it myt be a hidden software coding issue which maybe we won't understand even if its explained. Or it myt be sth bigger - business politics, conspiracy etc...who knows.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    05-19-2014 06:15 AM
    Seriously, like someone else suggested, you can use the profile you've already created here to post in the L70 forum over at Android Central. Seems rather silly to ask for info about a very specific Android device in a Windows Phone forum. It's kind of like going to a BMW 7 series board and asking for advice on a S Class Mercedes. The likelihood that you're going to find anyone who owns and has knowledgeable experience with that brand and model is slim.
    05-19-2014 06:20 AM
    Android is unsafe but open. This means developers are free to develop whatever they want. Look just at the choice of browsers in Android (admittedly a lot of stuff is really unsafe)
    Microsoft provides you with its core software on which all Devs develop their idea. This gives birth to countless copies of the same soup. Basically, with WP you don't have the freedom to actually develop as you do with Android. Apart from that i think many devs are restarting or starting now from scratch. Many apps reflect that side too.
    Before all this settles it will require a change of strategy from Microsoft and a bunch of very good dedicated developers. It's not going to happen soon. So while some decide to stay because the OS is ok for them, others feel compelled to go even if they like the whole concept.
    Makm likes this.
    05-19-2014 07:01 AM
    The 520 is one of the cheapest, rubbish models aimed for poor people and children. It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and then saying all Volkswagens are crap.
    I want to say that you sound stupid but I guess you already know that.

Not everyone can afford a high end phone. Calling people "poor" for this just shows how ignorant you are regarding outside world.
    I personally bought 520 just to see how WP has evolved since I left it. And I am really in love with this phone. There is nothing poor about it. I'd use this phone rather than overpriced samsung ****.

And about the part where 520 is rubbish, Say that to the share it has in WP market.
    05-19-2014 08:44 AM
    Like some others have suggested I would keep your 520. What market are you in? That also has something to do with it. You do understand that 8.1 isn't a completed update yet right? I would go with Samsung or HTC for Andriod, but again you're talking high end for Andriod so if you're going to consider those, you should also consider the 1020, 1520 or even the 930 which would have the completed version of 8.1. I personally feel you'll miss more of the functionality of WP than the lack of apps you'll get back on Andriod. I not even use Instagram..6tag works better. Facebook or the beta work well, but it's the integration with the People hub that I love and would miss. Either way it's up to you. Just remember the grass always seems greener. Whatever choice you make hope you find what you're looking for.
    von929Shavone likes this.
    05-19-2014 09:00 AM
    The face of elitism.
    diego9016 and Ashish Gupta888 like this.
    05-19-2014 09:20 AM
45 12