map issues after last map update

Matheus Cosendey

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

This is my first post here and English isn't my first language so be nice with me 😊.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 520 running the 8.1 preview.
After I updated my offline maps last week I cannot access ANY map app. It just kick me back to the start screen.
I'm pretty sure that this problem is caused by a corrupted file that I've received from the last offline map update. The thing is, I can't even erase my maps since going to settings>maps also kick me back to the start screen.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
I really don't want to do a hard reset,so if anyone knows how to fix I'll be very pleased.

Thanks in advance,

Matheus Cosendey

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Matheus welcome to WPCentral and your English is excellent :wink:
lets start with a soft reset by holding volume down button + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (ignore the black screen to power off the phone , this wont erase any of your personal data from your phone ).

Matheus Cosendey

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying Himanshu,

Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I know I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.
A friend of mine who lives in the same region even tried a hard reset and it also didn't solve the problem.

I don't know what else I can do 😌.
I asked for help in Microsoft forums and it seems that they don't know how to fix it.

I'm kinda desperate here.
Someone PLEASE help. I don't want to go back to android 😡.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying Himanshu,

Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I know I'm not the only one experiencing these issues.
A friend of mine who lives in the same region even tried a hard reset and it also didn't solve the problem.

I don't know what else I can do ��.
I asked for help in Microsoft forums and it seems that they don't know how to fix it.

I'm kinda desperate here.
Someone PLEASE help. I don't want to go back to android ��.

seems like a bug in windows phone 8.1 on your device. You may want to downgrade your phone back to windows phone 8.0, to do so download nokia recovery tool and connect your phone (backup all content from your phone before doing this)

adi71

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hy,
I'm a newby here so don't judge me too harsh for my english. I am a proudly owner of a Lumia 520 with Windows 8.0, since December. It works perfect, I am pleased with it, but today I just update maps for HERE Maps and ... When I'm launching HERE (maps or drive) it works for 2-3 minutes and after that it stops suddenly, exit and sometimes reboot my phone. Until this update it works smoothly and now I don't know what to do towork perfect again.
Maybe isn't this the perfect forum where to post my problem but I just want to solve my problem.
Thank you.

Pablo Scarone

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I’m having the same problem Matheus does on a 8.0 Black Lumia 620.

The problem, as stated, begun with a maps update; so, any app trying to access the systems maps will crash. Sadly, in my case, every attempt to use a map related app, will cause a reboot of my phone. This includes trying to access Storage > Phone > Maps.

Only way I believe this could be solved is either a new map update (which I’m not sure I could perform without suffering new reboots) or, somehow, downgrading my maps to the previous, non crashy version.

Any input will be welcome.

Pablo Scarone

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Solved. Although I’ve read that it didn’t solve the issue in some cases (like Matheus' friend), I went for a hard reset.
In my case, it worked perfectly.

I haven’t updated my maps yet, though. Too scared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon