Double tap to power off feature in Lumia Cyan?

Aswin Smart

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that Lumia cyan has the ability to turn the phone off by double tapping.Is it true?I have L520.Will it work on my phone guys?

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I guess this will be true since Display settings has been updated by nokia before lumia Cyan.

For how it works. I guess it will only be applicable at the lock screen? For there is no empty space at the start screen.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Double tap to power off would be nice.
I would always like to have a small button appeared on the screen to quickly lock my screen. There are apps out there which pins a tile on your start screen and if you press it the screen gets locked. But id like to have a button which will be always visible in every window and it will be moveable.
What do you think guys?

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
it should be triple tap to power off (for accidental?) and double tap whilst awake to turn display off, reverse of dbl.tap to wake

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
A not-so-essential feature for me then..i don't turn off my phone too often..unwanted/accidental shut downs may happen if double tap will be used as a trigger..

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Double tap to power off would be nice.
I would always like to have a small button appeared on the screen to quickly lock my screen. There are apps out there which pins a tile on your start screen and if you press it the screen gets locked. But id like to have a button which will be always visible in every window and it will be moveable.
What do you think guys?

Sounds 'iphone-ish' hehehe..

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Sounds 'iphone-ish' hehehe..

Yes i know :p but as long as the features are good who cares if its iphone-ish or android-ish.
Some common features will always be similar to the other OSes. EVERYTHING can't be different :)
Some ppl go screaming like "heyy its from ios! Heyy its from android! Hah copy cats!" They seem so immature!
I'm not saying it to you Albertdon, I'm saying it in general, plz dnt get me wrong.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This makes no sense because a single tap performs an action. If the phone now has to wait to perform a touch action because it has to see if a second tap is coming, that's going to slow the UI actions or app launching down. One tap on the lock screen also bounces the lock screen. I just don't see how double-tap to turn off makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3