A new update 8.10.1293.890

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, yes and there is no option to uninstall the calendar.
Sorry, I forgot that about the OEM calendar. I've never used it and am so used to my third party calendar app(simple calendar) that I sometimes think it is the only one. Maybe try a third party app, there's some good ones out there.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. New Windows Phone user here. I just purchased a lumia 925. I have a question if someone in the know can shine some light for me.

The developer preview seems (to me) that it is the same OS but without drivers specifically needed for each device? So unless your OEM updates them, you're more than likely going to have an issue with certain things until they do? Am I at all right on this?

My device was preowned so I believe it already has 8.1 on it. So I am nervous I'm going to have a bad experience.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want to be on 8.1 then just go back to 8.0 using Nokia Software Updater for Retail.

I have two 925s both with 8.1 on them and they have zero problems plus the battery has improved.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If you don't want to be on 8.1 then just go back to 8.0 using Nokia Software Updater for Retail.

I have two 925s both with 8.1 on them and they have zero problems plus the battery has improved.

Why is it repeated everywhere that "you can't go back" ? I see people say you can and then others say you can't.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only way to go back is flash another firmware and wipe your phone clean. For Nokia, the tool and the firmware are readily available. For other brands, it is not that easy. And flashing a firmware manually always bears the risk of brick the phone permanently.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes