A new update 8.10.1293.890

Kaustav13

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
For me unfortunately after this latest update phone is very slow, every app is taking sometime to open even for the first time Asphalt 7 is hanging :cry:.So its a big disappointment for me.Many people in this thread saying while restarting "WINDOWS PHONE" in writing is not coming but for me not only the logo the writing also is coming. Earlier it was butterly smooth with 8.1 update now its pathetic. Is any one having this problem?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
For me it seems this latest update has even more increased battery life (especially in standby) on my 1020. Even after the first update few weeks ago I would get a drain of almost 20% over 8 hours with Wi-Fi while sleeping. Now it just drained 10% over the same time in standby.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have hissing sound when playing MP3 from SD card with music app. Its pretty annoying sound - not fixed on Lumia 820 with latest DP and latest music app.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, for me the battery draining problem came back. 24 hours after update, with fresh charge and normal using (same as the day before) and I dont think it will last 18 hours. This compared to 30-34 hours on average before update 2.

LE: Clearly things got bad. Charging before bed time, in the morning 47% available...! Battery sense doesn't show anything special, there is no app that sucks the life out of it, no cellular data active, nothing special. Comparing this to 2% discharge overnight before this update...

This happens on a Lumia 720

Last edited:

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For me it seems this latest update has even more increased battery life (especially in standby) on my 1020. Even after the first update few weeks ago I would get a drain of almost 20% over 8 hours with Wi-Fi while sleeping. Now it just drained 10% over the same time in standby.

Similar experience here on 1520. Seems better but will give it a few days.

Ian168

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone knows how to see streaming music in the Xbox music? Before this it was showed in the "now playing" when I played them but now it shows nothing I can't find it anywhere (the music still runs in the background though) I already checked "show streaming music". Nothing

adino

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microphone since last update very bad sound. Everybody says: What did you say???
Also bad with Headset and Headset-Microphone, therefor a bad bug 
Soft reset did not help…

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
This morning my email froze up and wouldn't do anything. This about 30 minutes after my usual morning reboot. Hate these new little annoyances after this "nothing new" update. A soft reset fixed it but still it shouldn't be this way. Battery life still not back to normal either. A Hard reset put this thing in complete harmony again after the last update. Hate to have to do this crap everytime.

Graham Musk

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with installing Facebook? Either versions!
I keep getting error messages and I notice whenever it tries to install as it says 'initialising' it flashes up 'recovering data'. It then flags up as an error. It's driving me insane because I've read loads of things on the internet about it with mixed results on how to potentially fix it but am worried now that, with Facebook being an integral part of my phone, it won't be able to function properly. I've been trying to resolve it for 3 days now. I even got into an online chat with someone from Microsoft and he said he'll have to flag it to the developers of the app.
Lumia 820

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Those of you having problems, could you also include what hardware you are using? If any Microsoft reps are reading these, knowing the hardware can help them troubleshoot and possibly work towards any fixes.

Just a suggestion.

Scott Regitz

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my 920.
No changing worth mentioning.

Headphones: Did NOT fix my right headphone speaker cutting out, for which I have to reboot the phone to get it back.
Ringtones: often my SMS tones now cut out after less than 1 second.
Facebook: I had some pinned photo albums from my wife that shared them to me and now they just link to the Photo hub. The Photo Hub no longer shows shared photo albums from FB or OneDrive. This worked on the initial 8.1 release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital