A new update 8.10.1293.890

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I updated to this new build but my Windows Phone Boot screen remained the same. I saw somewhere a new one with the inscription Windows phone, not just the regular windows logo in Blue.

Does anyone have a clue on why it remained with the old one?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update now

Me too...and read through 9 pages of this thread with zero info on what has changed....

"Hey...I can make my tiles see-through now. Is that new?" "Cortana can now be pinned to the home screen! Awesome!" "I can make a shortcut to Quiet Hours in the notification center!"

*sigh*

Thank you all who posted stuff that MAY have actually changed, but any "official" update notes yet?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Me too...and read through 9 pages of this thread with zero info on what has changed....

"Hey...I can make my tiles see-through now. Is that new?" "Cortana can now be pinned to the home screen! Awesome!" "I can make a shortcut to Quiet Hours in the notification center!"

*sigh*

Thank you all who posted stuff that MAY have actually changed, but any "official" update notes yet?

Other than bug fixes (whatever those may be) and a big debate over whether battery life improved or not: We've not made much progress.

Someone needs to say this to the WP team: Changelogs changelogs changelogs!!!

Rigo Torres C

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
After this update my Lumia 1520 started to overheat at any time that the phone is in use. Anything will make it start to get warm, a text, checking whatsapp, doing a web search... As long as the screen is on. It was perfect the way it was on the previous update. This is so despairing :( I wish I hadn't updated it. Does anyone have the same issue on their 1520?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
After this update my Lumia 1520 started to overheat at any time that the phone is in use. Anything will make it start to get warm, a text, checking whatsapp, doing a web search... As long as the screen is on. It was perfect the way it was on the previous update. This is so despairing :( I wish I hadn't updated it. Does anyone have the same issue on their 1520?

This happens from time to time when you update. The battery management is flushed and the phone needs to relearn your habits. It should correct itself within a week.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Had my 1520 lock up today. After I unlocked it I got a black screen with text and dots (can't remember what it said but it was like "please wait......."). Task switcher was working but nothing other than the start screen was running, and that wouldn't show. Phone was also warm. Rebooted and all was well.

Snazrael

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My phone froze 4 times in 16 hours after this update. I reset it this morning after the 4th time and it hasn't locked up yet (knock on wood) after 10hrs.

Ian168

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
After the this update my apps in App Folder seem to be randomly disappearing from the lists. I'm on L920 anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this? :(
(my games are lagging too)

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
For those having problems a hard reset might be in your future. I had to do that last update and while not fun it sure fixed everything.
After I took this update my icon stayed very warm and my battery was dropping pretty fast. I waited overnite and this morning at least the phone's not warm anymore but the battery is still not as good as before although it is better. If by tomorrow it is still improving I'll wait and see if not better by the end of the day tomorrow I may HR the icon. I wish I knew when the verizon release of this os would be. I'd wait to HR at that time. Hate to have to do it yet again.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I got excited for a moment...started out listening to a large playlist on shuffle and thought the random play bug was fixed. Started with a "T" artist and then the next song was a "B" artist....but didn't last long. Started hitting "next song" and it was all "B" or "C" artists...:eck:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^yea and it also repeats a ton of songs in the playlist completely screwing it up. for example I have a playlist with 40 songs. by the time I'm done listening it has 572 songs. (repeats of the 40)

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
^yea and it also repeats a ton of songs in the playlist completely screwing it up. for example I have a playlist with 40 songs. by the time I'm done listening it has 572 songs. (repeats of the 40)
Moreover, have you noticed that only offline music appears there?
If you added a streaming song (which is stored in the phone), that song wouldn't appear!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital