New to Windows Phones. Is this a bug in 8.1?

Titanium Claw

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If I am in the middle of an app sometimes the windows key does not function. I have to hit the back key and while its processing hit the windows key for it to go back to the start screen. on an android phone if you hit the home key it takes you back no matter what. Is there a setting I am missing?

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Never heard this kind of issue - but yeah it's not normal. The home/Windows button should always just take you to the start screen, and it's usually pretty quick about it too.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Does this happen to all apps? Keep in mind that WP8.1 is still in developer preview and it is not yet final. Bugs can pop out anytime. Have you tried updating your apps or resetting your phone?

Titanium Claw

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I am finding at the most inconvenient times that the windows key does not work, I can try tapping all day long and it just wont work. I also dont like that the Facebook app has to have active session on the screen while uploading or the upload fails and says that I have to do it over again. Thats idiotic. I love the camera on my phone, and I like the tile interface but it is very buggy. XBOX Video not erasing history even though you deleted the files. Why cant we have a windows explorer access to the file system? crazy.

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, there's definitely a good number of bugs with 8.1 right now, especially with the "newer" versions of apps - like Xbox Music and Video. Hopefully they'll have some updates shortly to help with that.

What phone do you have? I have no idea why your windows button isn't working half the time though - is it a capacitive button? And if so, does it vibrate when you tap on it? If not, it's likely a hardware issue - otherwise, hopefully just a bug that will be fixed upon the official release of 8.1.

As for accessing the file system, go download the "Files" app (was just recently released). You can manage all of your videos, documents, music, etc. from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes