The Apple Grip

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So today I spoke to a friend who's wife had a Nokia on Verizon (not sure of model). Last I heard she was enjoying it but today I heard that she's thinking of changing... I was expecting to hear about some specific app, but the reason was 'all her friends are on Facetime'.

Now I know a bunch of people who are iOS users - was myself a while back - but I've never seen Facetime being the reason to get an iPhone. Are there a set of closet middle-aged users who love that or something?

That aside, this is another instance where the closed and lock-in nature (iMessage/Facetime) pulls users to back to Apple over the more portable SMS/Skype options. Frustrating.

She now has Skype installed by my friend... we'll see if that helps.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is actually one of those things where Apple put out a product that captured the imagination of the owners. Not new for them. It is a well designed product and those that use it love it. Not so much that its better than Skype but it is what they learned and it is what they know. Same with those who scream like pigs over Windows 8 Modern UI. They are used to XP and for them, they cannot change. Windows 7 smokes em and Windows 8 makes them talk like Ubuntu is the second coming.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a good example of why it is taking windows phone awhile to catch on. Most users want to stay with what they know. Windows is different than Android/IOS so they want something they already know. Microsoft will do alright, it's just going to take awhile.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon