No syncing of contacts in People on outlook.com

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had a hunt for this but can't really find a definitive answer. I recently did a hard reset on my 620 running 8.1, and for some reason it hasn't pulled down my contacts from outlook.com when it has done in the past. Calendar and emails are fine - it just refused to pull down my contacts, so I was missing quite a few numbers (mostly from my non-Facebook people, and people whom I have the number of, but isn't readily available on Facebook).

Could it be a region thing? I set it to US (instead of UK) during setup for more Cortana playing - only way I could get the new updates (such as the quiz and the separators). I use a live.co.uk address as my Microsoft account.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried going into: People\Settings\Add Contacts and adding your email?

Also check under: People\Settings\Filter Contact List and make sure your email is checked.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried going into: People\Settings\Add Contacts and adding your email?

Also check under: People\Settings\Filter Contact List and make your email is checked.

Thanks for the quick reply. Have just tried your suggestion - it just says an account using that email address already exists. Also, the 'show contacts from my' box is ticked for Outlook. If I go into Outlook.com on the desktop (and People in Windows 8.1) all my contacts are present and show as Outlook and whatever other service they are on..

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Go to People, settings, filter contact list, uncheck Outlook, click ok and go out of People. Wait a couple of minutes, go in and check contacts for Outlook. Report back on results.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is the Outlook.com account your main account on the phone (using your Microsoft account when setting up the phone), or one that was added after?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions - I've done many syncs to no avail and at the top of People under 'contacts' it says showing all. Hide contact without numbers is turned off.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's the master account. The contacts are definitely up there - both People in Windows 8.1 and Outlook.com show them as present and correct, they just aren't making it down to my phone.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
It might be a region thing since you have a UK email and set it up as US. The only other thing I would say is to try a hard reset.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Definitely weird. The only other (obvious) thing I can think of is making sure under settings that the account is checked. For example, I use another account to sync my contacts and have my master account unchecked. Otherwise, sorry, but I've run out of ideas to help you with this, other than maybe contact Microsoft or Nokia and ask them.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just done a downgrade to 8.0 (to test a theory). That was successful, and as if by magic, all my Outlook contacts have synced properly. Now back to 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon