06-24-2014 02:24 PM
66 123
tools
    One little thing I don't like about the notification centre is the wifi button, it's great that wifi turns on when you press it, but you should be able to turn it off when you press it too and not be taken to settings.
    06-23-2014 06:17 AM
    One little thing I don't like about the notification centre is the wifi button, it's great that wifi turns on when you press it, but you should be able to turn it off when you press it too and not be taken to settings.
    While it's not as straightforward, it's closer to the paradigm Windows 8.x has.
    06-23-2014 07:35 AM
    Are you swiping using two fingers? Doing that will clear all notifications.

Even though I swipe with one finger all my notifications are cleared.
    06-23-2014 08:36 AM
    Even though I swipe with one finger all my notifications are cleared.
    One finger swipe clears the notifications of ONE app only.

Two fingers swipe - multiple apps notifications (i.e. everything).
    06-23-2014 08:49 AM
    No.. Its actually helpful! Atleast i find it! Because when you find a new network which is secured, it takes you to settings so that you can connect it!
    Joshhi likes this.
    06-23-2014 09:55 AM
    One finger swipe clears the notifications of ONE app only.

Two fingers swipe - multiple apps notifications (i.e. everything).

I want to clear a single notification from a single app. For example clearing one email from outlook without clearing the four other emails.
    06-23-2014 10:37 AM
    I want to clear a single notification from a single app. For example clearing one email from outlook without clearing the four other emails.
    Open it from the notification center.
    06-23-2014 10:58 AM
    Microsoft should make that more like android
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2014 12:34 PM
    Lets be honest here. It's a toggle; which means it should turn that function on and off. Not bring you to the settings menu to then turn it off. Seriously how much sense does that make?
    06-23-2014 07:23 PM
    Lets be honest here. It's a toggle; which means it should turn that function on and off. Not bring you to the settings menu to then turn it off. Seriously how much sense does that make?

It would have been better to have long press to activate settings
    06-23-2014 07:43 PM
    It would have been better to have long press to activate settings

I completely agree
    06-23-2014 07:45 PM
    As much sense of having games in the app list suddenly. I'm not sure why MS choose to have it go to the settings page but they probably have some weird reason why.
    06-23-2014 08:10 PM
    As much sense of having games in the app list suddenly. I'm not sure why MS choose to have it go to the settings page but they probably have some weird reason why.

I believe that they did it for 'discoverability' of those games apps. Which I guess makes sense but I hate it with a passion. They want to make WP as similar as the competing OS's so that when people switch it isn't a jarring experience. I hate all of what I just said...
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    06-23-2014 08:14 PM
    It's actually pretty interesting that in the majority of the concept videos that I watched the designers allowed access of the quick toggles and notification panel by swiping left to right. Kinda wished I suggested it to Joe bellifore on his reddit AMA
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
    Microsoft has said that having the notification center on the left would interfere with other apps like how you swipe left to right in IE 11 to go back or forward.
    06-24-2014 08:08 AM
    Microsoft has said that having the notification center on the left would interfere with other apps like how you swipe left to right in IE 11 to go back or forward.

It is still possible I've seen Android apps that allow you to long press and swipe to access specific areas of that app. They even allow the user to choose the height of the swipe area along with the distance from the edge. That's a cheap answer from Microsoft.
    06-24-2014 08:59 AM
    It could've been in a swipe in from the edge. Oh well.
    06-24-2014 02:24 PM
66 123