Quiet hours on phone calls, why?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So the quiet hours and its behaviour, is it only me who thinks the behaviour does not make sense.

When quiet hours enabled and someone calls, they get busy signal from the line. What they will do is call multiple times.... Because they get the busy line, also the "let someone through if they call two times in 5 minutes" has no use either, because basically everyone will try to call again.

Why I need quiet hours (in night), is those "drunken where's the after party, come for few beers" type of calls. So when someone calls if the line is busy, they will call again. Just the other night, I had 6 calls from a person when I woke up, she said yes your line was busy so I tried to call and see if you guys are somewhere...

Shouldnt it seem to the caller that its just ringing, so they think "oh he's a sleep" or whatever else than busy which gives totally wrong idea to the caller?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now I get it. I dont have voicemail activated, so most likely after 1 ring it starts to repeat ring like the lines here behave, after you let it ring a very long and line gets cut off.

Need to think should I activate voicemail to get this working properly.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it's possible, but I do think we should be given the option of only allowing the inner circle to break through if they call twice in 3 minutes, though. At the moment it allows everyone to break through if they call twice, which is a little impractical.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I think I saw that option somewhere? I didnt try it though.

Yup, in the quiet hours setting page there is 2 options, let anyone break though and inner circle breaks through.. It doesnt work?

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, I think I saw that option somewhere? I didnt try it though.

Yup, in the quiet hours setting page there is 2 options, let anyone break though and inner circle breaks through.. It doesnt work?

Yes, but what I mean is an option to only allow the inner circle to break through if they call twice in 3 minutes. At the moment we either let everyone through if they call twice, or let our inner circle break through *always*. It's a poor choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs