No Notifications in New 8.1 Update

jamieb193

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My first post here as I've not really come across any problems with my Lumia 625.
I signed up for the Developer Preview and all updates have worked great for me. Even the ability to add an extra row of tiles on my low res screen that's not supposed to be on any device with anything less than 1080p (Unless they changed it).

Anyway, my problem lies with notifications. Today I was prompted that I have a new update "which should help my phone run even better" it stated. The update was 8.10.12397.895. After I update the phone I realised that I wasn't as 'popular' as usual... I opened WhatsApp to find 3 new messages and 2 picture messages that didn't show in the live tiles or the notification center, and my phone didn't make a sound either. I then opened my messages and emails, and found the same problem there.

I was just wondering if anyone who downloaded this update is experiencing this problem, or am I on my own here?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
When you ran in some trouble always begin with checking your settings, after that a soft reset....and if that doesn't work a hard reset. And no it won't ruin your preview.

jamieb193

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you disallow the apps running in background ?battery saver > select the apps check and see.

Not disallowed any apps. Never needed to as the battery life on this thing is great

When you ran in some trouble always begin with checking your settings, after that a soft reset....and if that doesn't work a hard reset. And no it won't ruin your preview.

I've tried a soft reset but no luck so looks like I'll have to do a hard reset... Best start backing up my files!

Thanks for the help

Idris84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem on Nokia Lumia 920. I like you downloaded the developer's preview, so I am running Windows 8.1. I deleted WhatsApp and reinstalled. I did get a notification that states that "WhatsApp doesn't work with my phone's version, so some features may not work" so i guess notification is one of those features. I have been playing with it to find a fix; i am yet to find one.

jamieb193

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem on Nokia Lumia 920. I like you downloaded the developer's preview, so I am running Windows 8.1. I deleted WhatsApp and reinstalled. I did get a notification that states that "WhatsApp doesn't work with my phone's version, so some features may not work" so i guess notification is one of those features. I have been playing with it to find a fix; i am yet to find one.

I've managed to sort mine out but only by downgrading back to WP8. I see that your problem resides with WhatsApp but mine affected pretty much everything that gave notifications. To me that was just too much so I installed the Nokia Updater Tool on my laptop and it prompted me to "Update" to the latest version of WP8. I'm happy now haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon