Loading/Resuming screens why!?

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay hello everybody! I've seen other OS's like Android, when you switch between apps there is no loading screen. I mean, the background app instantly flashes on the users screen without any resume screens (Even in low end devices). But in Windows phone why does those screen keep appearing? Is it got something to do with the OS itself? And yea, Will this be improved in wp 8.1? Please somebody brief me. :)

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
In WP there is no true multitasking like android. Apps are suspended in background when not in use, so u cld run into resuming screens especially in low end devices with 512mb ram. But in wp8.1 this situation has improved due to better utilisation of memory and u will not run into them much once the apps are optimised to take advantage of the new changes.

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
In WP there is no true multitasking like android. Apps are suspended in background when not in use, so u cld run into resuming screens especially in low end devices with 512mb ram. But in wp8.1 this situation has improved due to better utilisation of memory and u will not run into them much once the apps are optimised to take advantage of the new changes.
Thanx. And so you mean wp 8.1 has true multitasking like android??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanx. And so you mean wp 8.1 has true multitasking like android??

No, WP handles resources much differently than Android, desktop Windows...

It suspends apps when you switch away from them, it has an iOS-esque approach to multitasking where apps can tap into certain operations allowed in the background.
WP 8.1 will likely improve it, but no 100% multitasking - its how the OS was designed.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
No, WP handles resources much differently than Android, desktop Windows...

It suspends apps when you switch away from them, it has an iOS-esque approach to multitasking where apps can tap into certain operations allowed in the background.
WP 8.1 will likely improve it, but no 100% multitasking - its how the OS was designed.

I too have a problem with loading and resuming screens if I navigate away from an app it should still be running for a set period of time lets say 3 min after which it can be suspended. Or the app can refresh every three minutes then go back to suspended. I hope the BBM app is a always running app like they did on android cuz ill be annoyed. Ms should really fix that or improve on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2