Here Drive+ : Navigation App or Battery drainer ?

Pushynachan

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Here Drive+ is am awesome application for navigation . But when I use that app I notice a serious battery drain. It uses to much of battery . For an instance it would drain 100% of battery in an hour our less. Microsoft needs to optimise the app to use less battery.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, GPS, mobile, screen on, many calculations, 3d graphic...that uses battery. you cant change that! Get a charger for the car and done.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was a battery drainer (as compared to my Nokia 808 Pureview running Nokia Maps) on my 1020 but I then realised it was a problem of charger and cable.

Basically:
a) if you use a data cable (or charge and data one), intensity will be limited to 0.5A
b) if you use a charge only cable, then no limitation; if your charger is 1.0A, then you get the 1.0A on the phone

Now when you look at your Nokia wall charger, it uses a data cable but the charger has its own data pins shortcircuited. In other words, whichever cable you use, it will behave as a charge only USB cable.

So the alternative is: you look for a charge only USB cable, or you look for a charger which "blocks" the data pins.

I didn't want an extra cable so I went for the Nokia DC-20. I use it with the USB cable shipped with the 1020 and it works great: on a 4h trip, 4G on, BT on, WLAN on, MixRadio on, Drive+ all the time = 100% battery during the whole trip.

Another solution is to lock the screen when you drive on straight road (like the next turn is in 70km). It will save a lot of battery and the vocal guidance on Drive+ is a lot more precise than the one we had on Symbian: you don't necessarily need to see the map to understand where to turn right or left. Drive+ resumes very fast when unlocked, anyway.

jasnils

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Here Drive+ consumes more battery than I can put into it while driving. Could be the charger, but it does charge the phone if I don't run the Here Drive+. I don't have this problem with neither iPhone 4S or HTC One S. Microsoft should shape up. Where I go from Nokia Lumia 930 is totally up to them. Wouldn't be the first time I change carrier or operating system.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you use data with here drive plus then it will drain battery use offline navigation then battery drain would be minimal again not less compared to google maps.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that it causes massive battery drain after I have used it and that my phone will remain extremely hot after I have stopped using it. Don't have the same issue with waze, I'm sure that there is a bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon