Pro Shot app is now hidden. Can't uninstall or see it.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what happened, but my recently purchased ProShot has gone missing. If I access the store, it says it's installed... but I can't see it in my app list or uninstall it. Tried accessing it via Cortana and Storage Sense.. The only way I can get to it is by opening the camera app and going into the "lenses" section... and I can't uninstall it from there. Any ideas on what to do here?

Please don't offer me the cheap solution to just format... I'd rather learn to fix it.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Go the store on your PC, & reinstall it from there.
Gave that a shot, and even verified that the feature was working by sending a couple other apps. I got the progress bar+installation on other apps I installed from the web, but ProShot still will not show :(

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
By anychance is it a camra lens app? if so, you needs to access it from within camera app.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
There's a solution for this.

1. Go to "date+time" in settings, and set the year to 2106 or later.

2. Go to camera lens, and try to open ProShot.

3. It will tell you that there's a problem with the app, and an uninstall button will appear. Just press it and the app should be gone.
I didn't think the system time trick worked for wiping anything but system apps, but it worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon