Uninstall WP8.1 dev preview

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I enjoyed playing around with 8.1 and Cortana on my Lumia 1520 but there are a few things I miss and a few bugs that appeared (understandable as its a preview) however I want to go back to 8.0 and now wait for the official update. How do I go about doing that? If I done a hard reset or used Nokia recovery tool will I have to pay for my downloaded games again? And since my settings are backed up would the preview 8.1 get downloaded again? Appreciate all the answers I get.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Un install 8.1

There should have been warnings everywhere when you installed 8.1 saying it's impossible to revert back to 8.0

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia recovery tool would do it and it is free. A hard reset is not enough. And you wont have pay again as long as you long in with the same Microsoft account.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Hard reset will only get you 8.1 again, use Nokia's recovery tool. Just plug your phone in and follow the prompts, it will take care of the rest. No, you wont have to pay for downloaded apps and games again since they're linked to your microsoft account. Sign in and any apps (assuming they're 8.0 optimized and not exclusive to 8.1) will appear as you haven't bought them, but clicking 'buy' will say that you have already purchased, and prompt you to reinstall.

Rolling back deletes ALL your data. DO NOT restore via an 8.1 restore. Either start with a fresh phone or make sure a restore is from 8.0

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Hey I am back here lol anyways bud you can easily downgrade to windows phone 8.0 via nokia recovery tool (I am not sure , you have a Lumia 1250 phablet ?) . Just backup all your settings/music/photos and videos(either on cloud or on a safe place-PC). No you don't have to pay again for your purchased apps/games since you have already purchased them , they are tied with your account. Next time you want to download a game , just tap on buy and it will show you "you have already purchased this item..do you want to download it " , just hit install and BOOM it will begin the installation.(use the same Microsoft ID).

Edit:- I am late to answer :winktongue:

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...thanks for the answers....only thing is the factory reset didn't work and still on 8.1 and thought...sod it lol but now..... All my apps that I originally download has to be done manually. thought this was an automatic thing. Got over 600+ things to download.... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...thanks for the answers....only thing is the factory reset didn't work and still on 8.1 and thought...sod it lol but now..... All my apps that I originally download has to be done manually. thought this was an automatic thing. Got over 600+ things to download.... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

while setting up your phone foe the first time , does your phablet asked to restore from backup ? If so and you selected a recent backup then it should automatically download all your apps else it wont :cry: (backup also includes start screen layout , phone settings ).

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No. Wasn't given that option. Really pissed off as I lost my games like lets golf 2 and modern combat. It was part of the free games download I got with the voucher but it won't let me download again

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Nokia recovery tool would do it and it is free. A hard reset is not enough. And you wont have pay again as long as you long in with the same Microsoft account.

nokia recovery tool shall hard reset everything and ur phone shall be back to clean OS. all the data gone. got to reinstate everything then.
i think it's better to wait till MS releases the declared patch so that we don't have to downgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon