Did The Windows Phone 8.1 API have any performance improvements?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Recently I've been seeing a lot of apps that have been updated to take advantage of the new Windows Phone 8.1 features, and many of them also mension "faster app resume" or "performance improvements."

Are these general improvements made by the developers or does the 8.1 API have any improvements for apps?
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Recently I've been seeing a lot of apps that have been updated to take advantage of the new Windows Phone 8.1 features, and many of them also mension "faster app resume" or "performance improvements."

Are these general improvements made by the developers or does the 8.1 API have any improvements for apps?
Yes. 8.1 apps like OneMusic and MyTube Beta are really fast. Also, Calendar, Battery Saver and Storage sense as well. If you weren't told, would you know they were apps?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Skype isn't 8.1
You can test this by going to the app and backing out of it. If the app still appears in your cards view, then its 8.1. If not, then its an old app

interesting!! thanks for the info,i didnt know only 8.1 apps did that
btw any idea if updating from DP to cyan will be possible??

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

All apps on WP8.1 assume fast resume as the default behaviour. That is the opposite of WP8.0

As a result, many 8.1 apps will now use fast resume that previously did not. So... OS encouraged improvements which are made by the app devs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes