Music+Videos hub in the coming update...

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/.../Start_tile_layout_for_Windows_Phone_8.1_GDR1

The above documentation says the music+videos hub is back atleast i think it is a replica...

Here it says as below

By default, there is one folder on the Start screen called Music+videos, which replaces the Music app tile. The Music+videos folder contains the Music, Video, FM Radio, and Podcasts apps. This change applies to all Start tile layouts for Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1.

Partners may not remove apps from the Microsoft Music+videos folder; however, users can do this.

Note
Because FM Radio, Music, Podcasts, and Video are part of the default Music+videos folder, these Microsoft components are no longer available as individual components that can be prepinned to the Start screen.

I think it will be very much exciting for the users who long for Old hub integration in wp8.1...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It says music+videos folder, not hub.
Edit: The image explains what that means.
Sorry can you explain it to me. It sounds like a folder, but does this mean the tiles can't be pinned to start again or the tiles can't be prepinned by OEMs? I'm tired so I may just be a bit dense atm

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What i understood is that OEMs HAVE to pin "music+videos" FOLDER but NOT standalone "music app" tile, "video app" tile, etc.

There's no Music+Video HUB... remember we used to open that Hub and got the music, video, podcast, radio, etc. menu? that's replaced with the tiles inside the folder. the "recently played" section will be included on the Xbox Music app. Let's hope for "recently added" to.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you hard reset after installing 8.1.1 it's there on the Start screen. Music and Videos FOLDER. Inside are the two programs for Music and Videos. Also Podcast and Radio....

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it so hard to believe?
Also, I think he's right, that's also how I got it. New phones, phones that start with 8.1 Update, will have it, however phones that update to it still keep the old layout.

Exactly....

@Conan143: Screenshot?? Are you joking?

Make it yourself if you want it. Pin Music and Video to Start. Drag Video onto Music. Live Folder created...

Well you can work out the rest!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes