Current list of Windows 10/Microsoft problems

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
File place holders. Can't really use 10 unless I have a massive hard drive. I still have a SP3 for file work as it is so much faster than moving stuff back and forth and the desk top one drive Application is un-stable. Many programs don't offer one drive cloud based files as an option for saving documents. As a result I sync a "transfer file"and use it as a "brief case" to move flies to the cloud.

Lack of updates in the People Application and Photo Application.

Best parts: Single use interface that can be optimized for tablet, text message application that actually works regardless of carrier (using 950XL).

nimblebits

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It is silly that you need to pay £12 for Windows DVD Player app when previously playback was built into all versions of Windows. The app itself isn't very stable either. It is a poor decision.

graple

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I would like Microsoft to give its users the ability to decide what apps and services are tied to their MSA. I have spoken with two Microsoft engineers and they tell me they are working on it, but it has been years and I've seen no forward movement on this issue to indicate otherwise.

For example: Why am I automatically signed into Skype by default every time I sign into Outlook Mail? What if I prefer not to use Skype? At this time I have no alternative because it is on by default and currently it can't be unlinked from my MSA. What ever happened to choice Microsoft? It used to be a hallmark of this company. Increasingly, as a consumer user I am seeing that I have little choice in what I consider most helpful to my OWN productivity. I spend more time trying to find out how to remove unwanted apps and services than I actually spend doing things on my devices. That is unacceptable, not to mention ridiculous.

310 people agreed on the feedback app to the issue of the automatic Skype sign in within Outlook Mail and this was the response from Luis E. a Microsoft Engineer:

"Hello!
Skype being part of Microsoft, our effort is to give Windows 10 users the best experience possible and that means that for those users that have a primary MSA set in their device they will be able to start communicating with their friends and loved ones for free and without having to go through the process of creating an account. It was always our best intention and we apologize if this have been an inconvenience to those of you not interested in using all the cool things Skype has to offer.

If you are not interested in Skype you can definitely go ahead and manually sign out from Skype Preview (without uninstalling it), we'll save those settings for you and you will not be automatically signed in anymore.
If you are an already existing Skype user and we signed you in to the incorrect account using you device MSA we also apologize for that, feel free to sign out and sign in again using your existing account, we promise you'll love the new Skype :)

Thanks for always providing feedback!"

Talk about being tone deaf!!

Why can't you allow users to add which apps and services they want associated with their MSA's via a checklist on their Account Management Page? You used to do it with Windows Live Essentials...where you could check which programs you wanted to download.

Another illustration of this is why does the Photos app constantly create automatic photo albums for me? This drives me NUTS! Would it not seem logical that I am more capable of putting photos that I took into an album of my own creation than having it done for me? I have albums I didn't create and can't find the ones I did create. I uploaded some new vacation pictures and half went in an album I didn't create and the other half were placed in another folder with pictures from 10 years ago. My photos are all over the place. I have lost hours upon hours of the organization I put into my photos. I have given up on this app altogether!

Why can I have contact pictures with the Mail and Calendar app or Outlook Mail instead of those ridiculous colored blocks with the initials in them? I had assigned contact pictures for all my contacts and with the last update to the Mail and Calendar and Outlook Mail they were removed and given these colored blocks with the initials. I was livid!

Why can't I chose which font, font color, and font size when using Outlook Mail/Mail and Calendar instead of having to change it from the default EVERYTIME I use email? This is so aggravating.

I could list more but these are the ones that irritate me the most, and which will probably force me to move to another OS after 30 yrs. with this company. Come on Microsoft, you used to be so much better!

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Printing in Edge. When I try to print bank statements it'll only print the first page....it ignores the other pages below that make up the entire document.

I have to revert back to internet explorer when it comes to doing my monthly accounting because of this

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My biggest complaints revolve around the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. It is unreliable, glitchy, and frustrating. On mobile L950, the wi-fi drops continuously. What is worse, the Mobile OS can't even switch between Wi-FI and cell service so most of the time I can't use any apps until I turn off Wi-Fi or toggle it off/on to reset the connection. That is completely stupid. I notice that on the Mobile most but have had issues connecting to Wi-Fi where the log in pages won't come up and so you are stuck connected but no service until you forget the network and reconnect. This happens on any device that is W10 quite often. Can't use Windows for much when it turns your device into a brick.

appelgren

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
In Windows 8 the recommended way to buy apps for your kids was to login to the store with your own account on your child's Windows account. Purchases were password protected with my password and worked great.

In Windows 10 they now recommend that you gift money to the child account instead. The problem with that is that then all the apps you've already purchased are no longer available for your kids. You can still do it the Windows 8 way with one gigantic caveat, purchases are not password protected with the password for the account signed in to the store, it is protected with the child Windows account PIN and of course my son knows his own PIN.

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I would love to be able to type in a group name in either an email or text message and send to that group. This used to work well in Windows phone 8/8.1. But it has never worked with Windows 10 pc or mobile. I've posted feedback and it shows that they've "Got it.". But it has shown that for a while. I agree with the Original Poster in that they probably don't care enough to put requested features in. Even though they were removed since 8/8.1. Oh well.

Bmoore429

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
The so called "telemtry" data that your are forced to have sent to Microsoft's servers. If they offered an opt-out I would upgrade from 8.1.

Neeraj Ashu

Banned
Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't like windows 10 mobile too(due to inconsistency in ui). but you are wrong about memory management.
WhatsApp is not uwp app so it will not resume instantly but apps like viber,skype preview etc. works fast and resume instantly even in 1 gb ram phones.

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't like windows 10 mobile too(due to inconsistency in ui). but you are wrong about memory management.
WhatsApp is not uwp app so it will not resume instantly but apps like viber,skype preview etc. works fast and resume instantly even in 1 gb ram phones.

Being a UWP or not has nothing to do with resuming the app fast or slow. Please read what UWP is... Universal Windows app are good for developers to develop a single app that will run on different screen sizes. There is nothing in code asking whether the app resumed is a uwp or not. By the way I have tested with Skype on Lumia 950 and Lumia 650 and both take around 3 seconds to resume being the only app running. That's poor memory management on a 3GB ram device.

joiunsdgaksndg

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
1- After a non voluntary update to windows 10 home, ended up with a whole bunch of new programs that I did not want nor require, impossible to get rid of them also. Cortana, groove, one note, etc. etc. they just force it upon us users with no choice about it at all. Feels like rape to me and abuse of authority. The only way to get rid of them is to hack your windows, and I only recommend that for users that really know what they are doing.

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
The responses to this post is one of reasons MS future is in trouble..... Fans who should be trying to guide them in order to get quality services and user experience they are acting like everything is okay , and ready to come at anybody trying to critisize the master ... It was like that with WP until its too late then they started complaints that MS doesnt listen...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon