Apps on my SD Card do not show up in Cyan

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I rolled back to WP 8 from WP 8.1 Developer Preview yesterday so I could get cyan on my 1520 from at&t. I backed up my phone before I did this and I took my SD card out before I backed up. When I got to WP 8, none of my settings or apps were restored, and when I upgraded to cyan, nothing from that backup was restored. I put my SD card back in my phone today and all my apps that I had on it did not show up, but it shows that storage space in the "Other" section along with those videos and photos which for some reason did not appear in the Photos or Video app even though they did in WP 8.1 DP. Since that storage space from the apps still exists on my SD card, I'm guessing the apps are still on there. Is there any way to get them back?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
the thing is once you reset your phone the apps on your SD card get wiped too. the only way to get them back is to download them from the store .

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
the thing is once you reset your phone the apps on your SD card get wiped too. the only way to get them back is to download them from the store .

But since I had my SD card out of my phone for the entire process shouldn't the apps show up once I put the SD card back in?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Nopse they won't show up. When you do a reset of the OS, you need to install the apps back.
wp_ss_20140803_0001[1].jpg
In that case, is there any way to delete what was the apps on my SD card?
I think Storage Sense is showing the storage space for the apps I had on my SD card in "other" but I can't delete it through storage sense and there's no way to see it in File Explorer.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
But since I had my SD card out of my phone for the entire process shouldn't the apps show up once I put the SD card back in?

Like the other poster said . If you reset your device the apps in the SD card are useless and you have to re download them again :/

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 74980
In that case, is there any way to delete what was the apps on my SD card?
I think Storage Sense is showing the storage space for the apps I had on my SD card in "other" but I can't delete it through storage sense and there's no way to see it in File Explorer.
Click on format SD card. That will wipe out everything on your card. If that doesn't work, take out your card and format it using your laptop or PC and then insert the card again.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Click on format SD card. That will wipe out everything on your card. If that doesn't work, take out your card and format it using your laptop or PC and then insert the card again.

I would have done that, but I have picture and video files on it and not enough room to put those on my Surface Pro while I format the SD card. I was hoping there was another way to delete the apps in the "other" section. :(

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I would have done that, but I have picture and video files on it and not enough room to put those on my Surface Pro while I format the SD card. I was hoping there was another way to delete the apps in the "other" section. :(

Save the pictures in a flash drive and format the SD card in your phone . Then put then back in your Pictures and videos

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I just reinstalled all my apps that I lost from the process of getting cyan and it looks like the storage space from "other" which used to be those apps is back to a few megabytes from some PhotoShop files. So at least something's back to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital