Delay upon opening the camera a Lumia 521

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else notice a lag on opening the camera? I press the camera key, and it took almost a half minute to get to take a picture.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here on 928. Very frustrating. Last week in a meeting, someone said "oh we need a picture of that who has their phone?". I pulled my phone out and by the time the camera was up and running, the guy next to me with his iPhone ripped off a bunch of pics.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's embarrassing, it's the software, we need it to work better. Of course I'm running Nokia Camera Beta on Windows Phone 8.1 DP latest update

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Use the stock camera app and see if the results differ. I only use Nokia Panorama occasionally, otherwise I use the stock camera app and it works just fine on the 810, 8x and 925 that I have.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I changed it to Microsoft Camera, opens in about 3 seconds. No grid on that one to line up the shot, but is fast. Nokia Smart Camera, Nokia Camera and Nokia Camera Beta all took about 5 seconds

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I changed it to Microsoft Camera, opens in about 3 seconds. No grid on that one to line up the shot, but is fast. Nokia Smart Camera, Nokia Camera and Nokia Camera Beta all took about 5 seconds

If you are used to the grid, the stock app will take some getting used to. I use the stock camera app and I like it so much that I do not use the other apps unless required for a special shot where I have plenty of time to take the picture. I am glad the stock camera app is loading quickly on your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes