WP 8.1 / Update 1 + Lumia 1520 + MicroSD

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Since I've updated my Lumia 1520 with a class 10 64gb microsd card to WP8.1, and now to WP 8.1 update 1, the photo hub is complete a mess.

Huge lag, doesn't open photos when I click on it (this is terrible), and the access from apps (like whatsapp, messenger, etc) take almost 20 sec to visualize the thumbnails, and if I delete a photo or put a new one, next time when I enter in photo hub I can t the thumbnails been created.
I could say, the problem is on microSD, because I have a lot of photos (10k) and the internal memory is far faster than a microSD, but it doesn't happen in WP 8.

I've already sent more that 10 diagnosis files (using diagnosis app from MS) to report this bug.
Does anybody has the same problem or similar?

It's a shame to see simple things going worse with the updates (Music Hub/app is the same think).

Cheers,
Denis

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest doing a reinstall. My photo hub runs flawless, no lag whatsoever. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different SD card, you most definitely wouldn't be the first person to have one just go bad for no reason.

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest doing a reinstall. My photo hub runs flawless, no lag whatsoever. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different SD card, you most definitely wouldn't be the first person to have one just go bad for no reason.

Hi, Thanks for the tips.

I've done both. I've already made a hard reset and I've changed the Microsd (from a 64gb to a 128gb both class 10).
Same problem.

I have 16.000 photos only in my camera roll directory (I copied the photos since my first WP device).
How many photos do you have in your microsd?

Cheers,
Denis

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Since I've updated my Lumia 1520 with a class 10 64gb microsd card to WP8.1, and now to WP 8.1 update 1, the photo hub is complete a mess.

Huge lag, doesn't open photos when I click on it (this is terrible), and the access from apps (like whatsapp, messenger, etc) take almost 20 sec to visualize the thumbnails, and if I delete a photo or put a new one, next time when I enter in photo hub I can t the thumbnails been created.
I could say, the problem is on microSD, because I have a lot of photos (10k) and the internal memory is far faster than a microSD, but it doesn't happen in WP 8.

I've already sent more that 10 diagnosis files (using diagnosis app from MS) to report this bug.
Does anybody has the same problem or similar?

It's a shame to see simple things going worse with the updates (Music Hub/app is the same think).

Cheers,
Denis

I think the problem is the fact you have 16 THOUSAND photos. Accessing these would be slow.....

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I've just tested the microsd in a Samsung S4 and the gallery (Android Photo Hub) was much faster.
This is terrible. First the music hub with a lot of bugs and terrible performance, now the photo hub doesn't support (with a good speed) a large number of photos. I'm really thinking to drop WP... :/

Last edited:

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I just realized I never responded to you. I'm not sure total count of pics, just that its 4.43 GB of photos. I will say that I'm still not having problems with photo hub. That said its about the only thing I'm not having trouble with after the update. It started out so great and awesome, however with time everything is getting bad and worse. So disappointing love my 1520 but so much lag, freezing, and resetting now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes