Unable to make or receive calls after gdr1

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm not able to receive any calls or make.
When someone calls me they receive a message "This number is currently busy or not available" However at the same moment I see a missed call notification popping up.
When I call anyone I hear "This number does not exist"
pretty crazy huh...
I tried rebooting the phone, no use.
I tried the sim in an other phone, it works like a charm. So definitely not a network issue.
Device : L720 running 8.1 GDR1 pfd
Somebody please help me
Please don't suggest a hard reset.

Last edited:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. If you've already tried soft resetting and it doesn't work then I guess your only option is a hard reset. You've already made sure that your SIM works and I'm pretty sure your phone works before GDR1. Try a hard reset and if it doesn't work, you can downgrade and just wait for Cyan so you will have the proper firmware for your phone.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I didnt update my phone yet (I couldn't) but I noticed I sometimes have that problem on 925. Sometimes the first dialing tone starts only after ~20seconds.

I make international call from PC (phone to phone) It says ringing Line A (my phone) but its not ringing and then goes to ringing Line B (destination phone). Obviously phones are not connected, so I cancel it on PC, later I receive voice mail (as missed call) - and I hear a dialing tone to Line B.
Might be complicated to understand, but I have that problem as you do, but sometimes not always

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
and are you using GDR as well AV2RY?

Maybe one day people will realise that developer preview is just too risky for the average user, and it's safer to wait for the actual update comes out for everyone.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
and are you using GDR as well AV2RY?

Maybe one day people will realise that developer preview is just too risky for the average user, and it's safer to wait for the actual update comes out for everyone.
Yes I have DP. But I don't think it's risky:) Anyways I have Update 1 (the last) on 928 and so far I haven't noticed any problem with it. Just 925, can't update it because of the error

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon