Is there any way to get Cyan AND Update 1 for WP 8.1 (GDR1)?

prcm

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 from Rogers and I'm currently on the developer preview with WP 8.1 installed. I've tried downloading and installing the new update and it keeps giving me error 80188308.

I've looked through the forums and I'm aware that the only current workaround around error 80188308 is a hard reset, but I was wondering if there was a way I could install both Cyan AND Update 1 for WP8.1 (GDR1) update because honestly, I've been thinking to do a hard reset for a while now and I'm trying to justify it. I was thinking if I could do a hard reset and somehow update to Cyan AND Update 1 for WP8.1 (GDR1) then it would be worth my time.

So I guess that's my question... Is there a way to do that? If so, is there a thread on here that shows the procedure in detail? :sweaty:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Cyan is not currently available for the 920, so the short answer is no.

If you do a hard reset on your phone, you would still have 8.1 DP .

The only way to do it would be to wait for Cyan to become available for the 920. You would have to 'downgrade' to WP8 by flashing a 920 WP8 ROM, then update through the normal update channel. This would give you WP8.1 and Cyan.
When that has been done you could reinstall the Developer Preview Program and then update to GDR Update 1.

I am currently running a 1520 with Cyan (which is the firmware part) and WP 8.1 (the OS). After installing PFD program, I have updated to GDR1.

Cyan is the firmware - Drivers and hardware specific bits. The OS is WP 8.1.

If you update from WP8 thorugh the normal Phone Update in Settings, you would get both Cyan and WP8.1.
I also have a 920. I have succesfully installed DP 8.1 and GDR Update 1. I didn't get any errors. everything went smoothly. Unfortunately I still haven't got the Cyan firmware part as it is not yet available for 920.

I hope this helps....

prcm

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I can't believe I overlooked that when I was JUST reading a stickied thread yesterday listing the devices that have Cyan availability! :amaze:

As for the error I'm getting (error 80188308), I don't think there's any immediate fix for it atm without a hard reset and I think a lot of people with Rogers Lumia 920 devices have been facing this same error. A bit annoying, but whatever.

BTW, do you have any recommendations as to any threads/links that would give me a guideline for the best way to reset my phone and get to WP8.1 Update 1 using the PFD program? Would you even bother if you were me, or should I just wait for Cyan and Update 1 to be fully functioning updates for my L920?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I can't believe I overlooked that when I was JUST reading a stickied thread yesterday listing the devices that have Cyan availability! :amaze:

As for the error I'm getting (error 80188308), I don't think there's any immediate fix for it atm without a hard reset and I think a lot of people with Rogers Lumia 920 devices have been facing this same error. A bit annoying, but whatever.

BTW, do you have any recommendations as to any threads/links that would give me a guideline for the best way to reset my phone and get to WP8.1 Update 1 using the PFD program? Would you even bother if you were me, or should I just wait for Cyan and Update 1 to be fully functioning updates for my L920?

I have a 920, which we're both aware is the same as the 925, and after reading a few posts, it's come clear that Cyan doesn't really bring any "wow" features or improvements (GDR1 seems to have brought the improvements). So I'll wait for the "fixed" release, and won't bother with losing any data that I may with a hard reset (some games don't do cloud saving, sadly).

prcm

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920, which we're both aware is the same as the 925, and after reading a few posts, it's come clear that Cyan doesn't really bring any "wow" features or improvements (GDR1 seems to have brought the improvements). So I'll wait for the "fixed" release, and won't bother with losing any data that I may with a hard reset (some games don't do cloud saving, sadly).
I have to agree with you on this one, but y'know, just trying to kill two birds with one stone, amirite? But as you said, Cyan doesn't bring any features with "WOW" factor.

I've decided to just wait for a fixed update. For Cyan AND for Update 1. I still would like to know why this error keeps happening and why it seems to be a reoccurring issue with Rogers customers :/

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You know; we are starting to sound like Android users for the past few years. What do we do? Do we update to the latest ROM or do we go with another ROM and then update to this ROM. NO, why not just stay with what we have? Can't do that, then I wouldn't have the latest and greatest.

Back and forth ROM loading is why I left Android and came to Windows. CRAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss