Anyone have random SMS/MMS issues?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There's really only 1 person i use SMS to communicate with, heavily. He is on a different platform, ill leave it at that for now. I noticed when I had Black Firmware and Dev Preview 8.1, longer SMS that should be broken into 2 or 3 messages would get cut off around 75-100 characters and the rest never showed up. Now with Cyan and Dev Preview Update 1, just randomly had an MMS not go through. Its not a cellular reception issue, at least on my end. I don't think it is on his end either. I never really notice any issues when he messages me.

90% I have no issues. I don't think I've ever had an issue with anyone else.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
check your message settings.
is group text enabled? (this is MMS, need to be enabled)
are you using an unlocked phone from one carrier on another carrier? (correct APN settings?)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Group Text was on. I sent a picture message like an hour prior and it went through. Then randomly the next one didn't go through. Its happened 1 or 2 other times too. I'm using an ATT phone on ATT.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Server maintenance?

Well, I have no idea about that. :/. I just know we were texting SMS back and forth at the same time, but my picture took ~2hrs to get through, last night.

Today, he got another picture message immediately.

I don't text anyone with Android or WP enough to compare. This person has an iPhone. I have no intention on starting a flame war, but the first thing that came to mind was the iMessage server. We already know if you leave iOS, you will probably get SMS/MMS issues until you are properly unlinked from iMessage.

I just don't understand the random picture message delays and longer text messages getting cut off and not broken into multiple messages, like normal SMS should. It could be my phone, I dunno. That's why I'm curious if anyone else have came across this.

I am also ATT and he is Verizon, but that should matter, I don't think.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope,no issues. Everyone receives my text from my 1020, Rogers Canada. Possibly an smsc/mmsc issue in delivering messages on your carrier?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas