WP8.1 DP Update 1 => Cyan

ThePumisher

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
OK, title may be a little weird, but here's my question:

Actually i'm running a 1020 with WP8.1 DP Update 1 DP, but now Cyan is officially available for my Phone and i'm thinking about installing it. I'm backing up everything with OneDrive except Pictures/Music/Videos (doing that manually on a pc).
When i'm using the Nokia Recovery Tool downgrading to 8.0 and then installing Cyan - can i choose an Update 1 Backup (because me thinks the last backup was made under Update 1) on Cyan?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
OK, title may be a little weird, but here's my question:

Actually i'm running a 1020 with WP8.1 DP Update 1 DP, but now Cyan is officially available for my Phone and i'm thinking about installing it. I'm backing up everything with OneDrive except Pictures/Music/Videos (doing that manually on a pc).
When i'm using the Nokia Recovery Tool downgrading to 8.0 and then installing Cyan - can i choose an Update 1 Backup (because me thinks the last backup was made under Update 1) on Cyan?

Do the restore after all the updates are in place, would be my best suggestion.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure that you already have Update 1 installed. What I did was downgrade, install Cyan/WP8.1, install PD, get GDR1, then hard reset to get the option to restore from backup.

JohnnyCanuck

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of restoring after installing Cyan and then did the upgrade to Update 1. Mistake as it didn't restore my Start screen properly and I had to rebuild it myself (wasn't worth another hard reset and restore).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12