I need help updating my Lumia 920 from Cyan to WP8.1, how can I do it manually?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I need help updating my lumia 920 from Cyan to wp8.1

To summarize: I initially had wp8.1, got on the wp10 train and installed wp10. I ended up not liking wp10 so I downloaded windows device recovery tool, downgraded my phone and I thought that that was it. However, instead of reverting my phone back to 8.1, it carried me all the way back to cyan (which has wifi issues) and when I check for updates it says "we are currently unable to check for updates. (80072ee2)". (My wifi is working just fine btw).
I'v tried the windows recovery tool once more but that's saying that I have the latest firmware installed.

So, my question, how can I manually update it to 8.1?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need help updating my lumia 920 from Cyan to wp8.1

2 suggestions:

- Check the date time is 100% correct on the phone (Auto doesn't always work).

- Try from different Wi-Fi even if you think yours is ok.

Jean Claude Lopez

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need help updating my lumia 920 from Cyan to wp8.1

To summarize: I initially had wp8.1, got on the wp10 train and installed wp10. I ended up not liking wp10 so I downloaded windows device recovery tool, downgraded my phone and I thought that that was it. However, instead of reverting my phone back to 8.1, it carried me all the way back to cyan (which has wifi issues) and when I check for updates it says "we are currently unable to check for updates. (80072ee2)". (My wifi is working just fine btw).
I'v tried the windows recovery tool once more but that's saying that I have the latest firmware installed.

So, my question, how can I manually update it to 8.1?

I've never had Wi-Fi issues on cyan or denim, which by the way both are for 8.1. Just download the Insider app and sign up for Slow updates. It will let you know when its updating to both on 8.1 , but as soon as it tells you it's ready to head to w10, leave the program and uninstall the Insider app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb