L1520 freezing and keys not responding!! Help!

Brad Pedersen

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I ran the 8.1 Developer Preview on my 1520 and everything was fine. Then I updated to Cyan when it became available, where the issue began. The phone suddenly would start going insane while I was using it. It would start vibrating like when you hit the navigation keys, and it would act as if someone was hitting the back button, then the start button and then search. In that order. Every single time. Then I would hit the lock key to turn the screen blank and then again to wake the phone up, where it would just stop responding completely. I wouldn?t be able to swipe the unlock screen up, I would either have to keep touching the screen and start key until it responded, or do a reset on the phone.

It starts doing this about once an hour and gets very frustrating. I have done a complete wipe and reset on the phone 3 times now and am still having the issue. I thought it may be related to the double-tap to wake feature, but turning that off didn?t change anything. I installed Developer Preview update 1 and that didn?t help the issue at all either. I am completely out of ideas at this point. Is anyone else having this issue?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the Nokia recovery tool?

As it sounds like something seriously has gone awry during the update process.

Back up your data before doing so as it completely format it and reinstall the latest update available (in your case cyan).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon