GMail as linked account stopped working

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think this has to do with enabling 2-factor authentication on my Google account, but the Mail app doesn't know how to prompt me for an access code. Dose Windows Phone 8.1 fix this?

Never mind, I generated an app password for this.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Let me guess your using a separate app for Gmail and the built-in email function for outlook.com?

If so you can add gmail via the built-in email functions and sync your calendar + contacts.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Let me guess your using a separate app for Gmail and the built-in email function for outlook.com?

If so you can add gmail via the built-in email functions and sync your calendar + contacts.

I already said it in the subject title. Google is a linked email account, but I was never prompted for the verification code like I was for Microsoft account.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think this has to do with enabling 2-factor authentication on my Google account, but the Mail app doesn't know how to prompt me for an access code. Dose Windows Phone 8.1 fix this?

Never mind, I generated an app password for this.

I had the same problems setting up Gmail when I got my Icon, it was a problem with 2-step verification. I seem to remember I turned off 2-step connected my Icon no problem and then renabled 2-step again and generated a new password for the new Windows phone and I haven't had any problems since syncing Google email/calendar with the Icon

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I already said it in the subject title. Google is a linked email account, but I was never prompted for the verification code like I was for Microsoft account.

The reason I wanted to clarify, I get users meaning various things when they say "linked" lol... plus you did say

Yes app password resolved it.

So I presumed you were using one of the many stand-alone gmails app available in the store :grin: .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12