Folders don't look pleasing

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, the animation and the way the folders work look gorgeous, but the pinned folder itself don't look too pleasing. Ever since I've let the folders dominate my main screen on my 925 I haven't felt the urge to think "Wow my phone is BEAAAUTIIFUL."
The reason for this is because the way the folders present themselves (with a bunch of boxes) makes the main screen look very cluttered. I would probably want an option for the Folder Tile to make it just a word on the tile instead of a bunch of boxes.

In this case, however, folders only seem to degrade how my home screen looks.

So
1) Why do you guys dis/agree with me?

2) If you have pictures of a main screen w/ folders that look BEAAAUTIIFUL please share!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The small tile look microscopic. The double wide tile is empty unless you put a 100 apps in it. The medium tile looks the best but only if you don't name the folder.

Start screens that are full of folders look like garbage IMO. Use one here and there but not the whole screen.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I put my app folders on the second part of my screen so that after lock I have my main icons I can fat finger like Mail and Weave News etc and Call and Chronos Calendar then I can scroll up to two sets of app folders...one for pod-casts and one for stuff.

I agree they would look ODD as my main screen. So I purposely hide them to the bottom along with Cortana, Data sense, Bing translate, Stick Notes ,evernote

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Live Tiles I would say is a valid addition.
After having and using this option I'm not exactly doing cartwheels, yet this is a handy feature.

Hopefully someday a clever coder at MS could do this for the disorganized scramble in the settings list.
That's one feature that may cause me to cartwheel lol...

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I like them. I just downloaded the update today so I haven't had a lot of time to try them, but the one so far looks fancy, I think. I have a floral background, so maybe the background makes a difference.

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I put my app folders on the second part of my screen so that after lock I have my main icons I can fat finger like Mail and Weave News etc and Call and Chronos Calendar then I can scroll up to two sets of app folders...one for pod-casts and one for stuff.

I agree they would look ODD as my main screen. So I purposely hide them to the bottom along with Cortana, Data sense, Bing translate, Stick Notes ,evernote

That's a good idea, I might end up doing that. I just had this idea in my mind that it would be cool to put everything into categories even Phone and Messenger. But at the end of the day it doesn't look good and is not as useful when you have to touch more than once to reach the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon