Lumia 1020 randomly reboots. Why!?

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 8.1 update 1 software and this seems to be happening at least twice a day. Anyone else have this problem? Never had this problem before. Dropped the phone a couple times before the update.. could that be a factor?

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Dropping the phone could cause all sorts of problems. Don't do that. I've seen phones ask for the Windows Install CD to put into the CD tray after being dropped.

If you have Lumia Cyan and this is happening, contact Nokia and see what they can suggest. Worst case scenario: You hard reset your phone.

If you don't have Lumia Cyan, wait until you have Lumia Cyan. If that just isn't an option, then contact nokia support and have them show you how to roll your phone back to 8.0 until you can get the new update with the firmware.

Enjoy.

JimmyJungles

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Yep my Lumia 1020 with the Cyan Update has been rebooting randomly often throughout the day. I cant remember it dropping or anything ... I am hoping to find the prob I might do a fresh install using the Nokia Updater for Retail App.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Same random rebooting problem here, though not as frequent. Last few reboots were while I was customizing my Live Lock Screen BETA photos, right after taking a photo with Nokia Camera and while attempting to load weather data for one of my weather apps.
Had my L1020 for 5 1/2 months now, but I never dropped nor jarred it... not even a single scratch on the screen so there could be another reason.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My 920 did it and my 1020 has done it recently as well. Look around other device forums here and you'll find more reports of the same issue, Must be a hidden feature!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes