Initial lock screen now only tells the hours? [Solved] Games listed along with the applications?

Eduardo Cerqueira1

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
People, finally been released updating my L925 for WP8.1.

Two things I noticed (and I was very upset if confirmed):
* The initial lock screen (or screen saver, the screen still in black) now only tells the hours? Is that right?
* The games installed are listed along with the applications? What unhappy mixture is that?
Somebody help me if I'm wrong, please! :)

In the rest, great job Microsoft! Really liking WP8.1!

Ps. Really sorry for my bad english... I'm brazilian.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
People, finally been released updating my L925 for WP8.1.

Two things I noticed (and I was very upset if confirmed):
* The initial lock screen (or screen saver, the screen still in black) now only tells the hours? Is that right?
* The games installed are listed along with the applications? What unhappy mixture is that?
Somebody help me if I'm wrong, please! :)

In the rest, great job Microsoft! Really liking WP8.1!

Ps. Really sorry for my bad english... I'm brazilian.

Lock screen:
the screen you are referring to can be set to show appointments, how many text messages, how many
e-mails, alarm and so forth. to show the information do the following.
Settings>>lock screen>>scroll to notifications.
first option shows which notification is the most prominent.
next you can choose which will show a quick status

Games:
yes, games are now listed with the apps.

Eduardo Cerqueira1

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
hi, gabriel! thanks for you attention! :)

the screen that i was referring to was before this.

when we not use the phone for a while, the screen goes black.
in wp8, this screen also showed notifications. now, only the hours.
is there any way to show notifications on it also?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
hi, gabriel! thanks for you attention! :)

the screen that i was referring to was before this.

when we not use the phone for a while, the screen goes black.
in wp8, this screen also showed notifications. now, only the hours.
is there any way to show notifications on it also?

Go into Phone Settings > Glance
You should be able to choose to display the same notifications that are on the lock screen.

Eduardo Cerqueira1

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah!
Thank you so much, Geddeeee!

Now it's ok! My standby screen (or glance) is showing notifications again! Thaks! :D

About the games ... There's no way for this?
Now they actually will be mixed with the applications? :(

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah!
Thank you so much, Geddeeee!

Now it's ok! My standby screen (or glance) is showing notifications again! Thaks! :D

About the games ... There's no way for this?
Now they actually will be mixed with the applications? :(

Unfortunately all games are listed along with the apps etc..

I expect MS have done this as they seem to be getting rid of the 'hubs' design in WP. It's a little annoying but all your installed games are still in the Games Hub, and you should be able to run them from there...

Glad I could help with the glance issue....

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Joe has said in AMA that they will be giving option for the games thing in near future. You can also vote for this (Remove games from app list) on user voice.
Sent from my Lumia.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately all games are listed along with the apps etc..

I expect MS have done this as they seem to be getting rid of the 'hubs' design in WP. It's a little annoying but all your installed games are still in the Games Hub, and you should be able to run them from there...

Glad I could help with the glance issue....

Actually, the reason for this is because the average user couldn't find their games after they were downloaded.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Try to see the Games hub thing from the other side (which is my personal side too. For me as I am not a heavy gamer, the former Games Hub broke the consistency of the OS. This is because for me a game is nothing else than an app, so why on earth should it not be in the apps list. I personally don't understand people who are talking of games if they weren't apps as every other app. I see that MS is pushing this awkward point of few within the store app where they have "featured apps" and "features games" zones.

If you would work with the Games Hub consistently this would mean to need hubs for every category of apps in the WP Store like news + weather, lifestyle, and so on.

So to finish this from my personal point of view the only consistent way is to add games to the the app list as any other app also. With the live folders now the possibility of building you own Hubs for simply everything is present and just awesome. I think there are people out there that don't even have to use there app list anymore, so why should it be that awful to have the games in that list?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon