Canadian review / user experience with the 1520.3 (RM-938 variant)

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid there is no resource that compares various roms and what features they have. You will just have to do more searching online and see what people have been flashing and getting.

What other features you are looking for and suspect you are missing in your HK rom?

Brown1Luv

Banned
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just curious I'm with a provider called Eastlink ( South Shore ) they run on a 1700/2100 lte service - I'm assuming this phone will do that with no issue? Reason I ask is I was running the Lumia 820 I at&T ) on Virgin Mobile Canada/Owned by Bell. And switched to my local carrier and was hit with a reality check my phone did not do both the 1700 and 2100 required for service. I can do talk and text but can't send or except picture messages and the data does not work whatsoever - at least not on the actual provider( Eastlink ) but it did LTE on the highway with the carrier ( Rogers ) which is the off shoot eastlink in lower caps ( weird )

TRVC85

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ordered from Omegacell on the weekend and hopefully will be here this week (Calgary).
I am on Rogers. Any tricks to get internet sharing working?
Whats the verdict? I live in Calgary as well and am also on Rogers (I have a microSIM, using an iPhone 5). Give me the details! How was the shipping? The total cost? The phone itself? How was the setup? THANK YOU!

d-laybook

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey there all

I am out here in Alberta. Been thinking about the 1520.3 for a while and read thru this post. Ordered mine from B&H in New York and should have it tomorrow via UPS. It feels like Christmas Eve!

Thanks to the posters for your insight and sharing it with everyone out here in the interweb.

TRVC85

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey! I want to purchase this phone from omegacell. Im in alberta canada. What is the differnece between the RM 938 (which costs $745) and the RM 937 (which is $600) Why would i choose the 938 over the 937? HELP! I am an extremely novice user so if someone could explain in the dumbest downed way possible... lol. Thanks!

TRVC85

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey there all

I am out here in Alberta. Been thinking about the 1520.3 for a while and read thru this post. Ordered mine from B&H in New York and should have it tomorrow via UPS. It feels like Christmas Eve!

Thanks to the posters for your insight and sharing it with everyone out here in the interweb.

Please share your feedback!! I use rogers...how will voicemail work? Is there a visual voicemail app?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I want to purchase this phone from omegacell. Im in alberta canada. What is the differnece between the RM 938 (which costs $745) and the RM 937 (which is $600) Why would i choose the 938 over the 937? HELP! I am an extremely novice user so if someone could explain in the dumbest downed way possible... lol. Thanks!
This has been discussed many times in this forums. The difference is in the intended market (carrier compatibility). RM-937 is European (or rest of the world) model, RM-938 is South America model (if i'm correct, the RM-938 has not been announced yet in any South America country) and RM-940 is ATT USA model (we can't say RM-940 is North America model because it doesn't have support for T-Mobile's 3G network but it would get LTE)

mdeslandes

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Great review. Does the case you purchased on Amazon interfere with wireless charging, the speakers or the camera lens? Does the device you purchased on Omegacell support a 128 gig microsd?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Great review. Does the case you purchased on Amazon interfere with wireless charging, the speakers or the camera lens? Does the device you purchased on Omegacell support a 128 gig microsd?
I haven't tried wireless charging so I don't know about that. The case doesn't block the camera lens, flash or speakers. It only affects the magnetometer ( compass), and I had to remove the 2 tiny magnets from it so that it doesn't cause any long term damage to my device. The phone fully supports the 128 GB micro SD card which I did purchase and still using for almost 2 months now without problems.

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Check the B&H website. It will show the exact price you pay including shipping and customs charges (mostly tax). You pay everything to B&H and owe nothing when it gets to. It took two days to get to Kitchener Ontario.

How is the phone working? Which carrier are you using? I want to pull the trigger this weekend from B&H. I am currently on a BB Z10 and want to jump over to WP as I have a Surface 2 and love it. Will my micro sim from Rogers work right away with the L1520.3? Thanks in advance!

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
You phone is actually a Latin America Country Variant. The fact that you are using it in Canada has no bearing on Denim. In fact this phone was never released in Canada. At this moment Denim has not been released for the 938. It will come directly from MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea