Installing developer preview 8.1 update 1 over CYAN??

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
i recently installed lumia CYAN but currently there is no 8.1 update 1 for CYAN,can i use developer preview on CYAN or should i wait for official release of 8.1 GDR 1 for CYAN..

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have idea,when the 8.1 GDR1 available for CYAN??
Should i wait for it or go for developer preview please tell me??

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
If there was an announced or even rumored release date, I'm sure WPCentral would have published it. Since they haven't, we can safely assume that no one can answer that question right now.

All I can tell you is that I have Update 1 DP, even though I don't yet have Cyan, and it's great. I don't intend to go back even when I finally do get Cyan.

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If there was an announced or even rumored release date, I'm sure WPCentral would have published it. Since they haven't, we can safely assume that no one can answer that question right now.

All I can tell you is that I have Update 1 DP, even though I don't yet have Cyan, and it's great. I don't intend to go back even when I finally do get Cyan.

Someone was saying that installing developer preview on CYAN void the waranty..but there is no news of Update 1 for CYAN,Can i install developer preview for update 1 while i am using CYAN without update 1??

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh come on, just install preview for developers over cyan, it may your warranty in terms but nothing will happen at your phone, anyway the release date for official update 1 isn't available so must be this fall, before the update 2pfd will be released, I say install it. If you are afraid than don't install it

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh come on, just install preview for developers over cyan, it may your warranty in terms but nothing will happen at your phone, anyway the release date for official update 1 isn't available so must be this fall, before the update 2pfd will be released, I say install it. If you are afraid than don't install it

Exactly this!!!!

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How is your cell going?? Is it working properly and what about battery??

So far so good. No complaints about performance and battery life. In fact it seems to have improved with the update. Less resume screens and a much snappier feel to it. The battery normally drops by about 30-40% during the day which is normally over at least 12 hour gap without charging. I don''t disable apps in battery saver and WiFi and Bluetooth are left on at all times.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

And then Microsoft will tell the people, with the DP, that, in order to get the official release, you will have to do x and then the whining will begin.

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
And then Microsoft will tell the people, with the DP, that, in order to get the official release, you will have to do x and then the whining will begin.
Well if you want features with bugs, under development and risking to void your warranty then you upgrade to Windows phone 8.1.1 with preview for developers, if not than don't upgrade is far to simple

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well if you want features with bugs, under development and risking to void your warranty then you upgrade to Windows phone 8.1.1 with preview for developers, if not than don't upgrade is far to simple
8.1.1 isn't under development , seriously , MS and several devs that work for them have confirmed that dev previews are the final versions. Besides, got Cyan (Twice tbh)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa