Here Map to SD problem - cannot find Lumia Storage Check Beta in Store

mywpong

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an AT&T Lumia 635 yesterday and went about loading Here Maps. The maps were loaded to internal memory of phone even though I had set Storage Sense to put all downloads to SD card. After searching the forum, it looks like that I need the Lumia Storage Sense Beta to force the maps to go to SD card. Unfortunately, I could not find this app from the store when I search the store from the phone. I can see it if I search it from my laptop browser. How can I find it in the app store from my phone and to download this app?
Thanks.

mywpong

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
The link in your reply does get to the description of the app from the browser. However, a search at the store from the phone did not find it. I am probably missing something here but to install the app, wouldn't I need to get the app from the store with my phone? Perhaps someone could use the phone to go to the store and see if the app is there?

mywpong

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
That did the trick. Thanks. To recap for reference for other users:
- download sys app pusher
- open it and choose/download storage check beta
- open storage check beta, scroll to the right and then set map data to SD
- don't forget to delete any map you have already downloaded into phone memory

dsscottage

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about this but I'll post this warning as a precaution. I have Win Phone 8.1 and installed Lumia Storage Check Beta on 2 phones. Subsequently, I moved the Maps apps to the SD card and downloaded several maps to the SD. Both phones worked well for a week or so. Then I got the Blue Screen of Death on both phones. A system reset wouldn't work. I won't bore you with the whole process but I ultimately found that if I removed the SD card, the phones would boot. I subsequently found a web site that stated the Lumia Storage Check Beta had ended and the Storage Sense app was included in Win Phone 8.1. In addition, Lumia Storage Check Beta was incompatible with Win Phone 8.1.

I'd be interested if anyone else encountered the same issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa