Sony just did what Microsoft should have done long ago. Step it up Microsoft!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
MS are currently working on Windows 9. With that being said they cannot get sidetracked on what Sony is doing , Sony is trying to stay afloat cause their phones are dying out. Why you think they added that feature to connect to the tablet and controller ? lol

You realize MS has multiple divisions, right? Each division works on their product. The W9 team is different than the Xbox One team.

LexTaylor

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, necessity forced them to innovate :D
I don't care about Sony dying, but the ability play console games on a mobile phone is very futuristic. Mark my word, Sony will receive a very high amount of praise for this feature of it works well.

well why you think Sony is in that market? cause they're trying to do everything in their power to keep their phone business booming!. And thats cool and all , but what will happens when that piece of equipment gets old ? or starts to fall apart ! there go's your phone broken onto the ground/floor. Last but not least this isn't anything new you could do this with a PS3 ! controller via Bluetooth :winktongue:

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
For the fellow members who say that this feature is for a niche market, well, you are right.
But that niche market is quite big in itself.
It has the potential for converting many Xbox gamers who use an Android or an iPhone.

This is the market for which NVIDIA has laughed two full fledged products for: the NVIDIA Shield and the NVIDIA Shield tablet.
Also, if people are ready to buy a Moga controller and play games using that, I don't see why then this is not a better idea than that. Using this method, you can get a better controller and better games.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why on Earth would I want to stream from PS4's weak library when I already have the ability to stream PC games to my Windows Phone.

PC's game library is far superior in every single genre, and we can use a MOGA Hero which also charges our device while we play. Streaming from a console that's only had a couple months of airtime only seems cool to someone who doesn't realize the potential of the ability to play games from the multi-decade legacy of games Microsoft has under it's belt.

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: Just realized that Windows RT supports the Xbox 360 controller (i don't know if it supports the One controller too).
As far as I recall reading somewhere, a good few weeks back, Microsoft have promised a driver in the not to far future, They where working on it at the time of Reading the article/post.

For Wireless controllers? I don't know.
The wireless versions need a receiver/dongle. I got one from eBay, but since it is a little bulky thingy on the end of a fairly long cable, I bought a cabled controller instead. For a computer it maskes more sense to use the receiver than on a tablet like the Surface Pro / RT.

Todd Robinson

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Screw streaming from a localized console. How about playing Xbox games anywhere! That is what Microsoft is working on, Direct X12 and the DeLorean project. Google it and think that if the servers can render most of the hard stuff on a cloud server and use minimal processing on the local level and still provide no lag....Heaven.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
You can already use the PS3 controller with the Xperia Z series as well to play games on the phone which is freakin cool and one of the reasons I'm considering the Z3 when it comes to T-Mobile soon. T-Mobile and Microsoft have failed to deliver one flagship to the carrier.

Todd Robinson

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Another hint at being able to play all Xbox games (360 and one) on any device from anywhere, is the rumors of playing games on the browser. This in my opinion is the holy grail. If a person can play high end games through any high broadband wifi or 3g connection on a browser on any device (phone, PC, Mac, tablet), with no lag (Delorean), we will all be saying "Apple and Sony who?" .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes