Problems with whatsapp after the Cyan update

Roni96

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So I got the Cyan today and i love it. Only bad thing about it is that whatsapp doesn't seem to work with it. I didn't have any problems with it with the 8.1 DP but today when I started the app it said: "whatsapp doesn't support this version. Some of the features might not work."
So far it seems like it doesn't work at all. First disappointment was that I lost all my conversations and everything else. I thought whatsapp would save them on cloud or something (not a big deal though). Then I noticed I don't get any notifications from the app, I checked settings but whatsapp wasn't even listed there. Also even when I open the app it takes a lot of time for it to download the messages, usually 3-5 mins late.
This kinda annoys me because I really use this app a lot. Is anyone else having same problems?
Is there an update coming soon? I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't because the preview has been up for few months and they still haven't made a version that would support the WP 8.1...

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I get the alert "whatsapp doesn't support this version. Some of the features might not work." but all else seems to work fine.
About the cloud storage, I am not exactly sure what you expect. But about the notifications problem, I would suggest you check your background apps and see if whatsapp is permitted to run in background. If it isn't, that might be the problem.

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone I had the same problem.
I don't know why but the solution, in my case, was this:
1) Install whatsapp, activate it and then reboot the phone.
2) tell someone to send to your phone a message via whatsapp (If you don't do this, whatsapp will not appear in the notfications+actions center)
3)wait for a while and then open the notifications+action center ... it must be there.

loleilord

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone last Saturday, and whatsapp has working just fine until a few hours ago. :( really weird... Now i can't receive notifications if I don't open it

bavve

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
ame in Italy on my Lumia 820 (but I have WP 8.1 GDR1)... Until this morning it worked fine, but since the early afternoon I didn't receive any notification, even after reinstalling the app and rebooting the telephone! :-/

Last edited:

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, everyone who still has this problem, have you tried my first suggestion? Ensuring whatsapp is allowed to work in the background.
Then go to "phone settings" > notifications+actions > whatsapp > enable "show in action center" and "show notification banners"

If this doesn't work, ensure your phone isn't in power saver mode as this makes you unable to receive whatsapp notification without accessing the app.
If both suggestions above don't work, try the following:
Click options (the the dots on the down right ...) > select settings > select chat settings > and enable "Show Message in Notification".

Please someone should try these and give a feedback.

Somags

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a lumia 520. I have the same problems. Along with these problems my phone vibrates on getting messages even when i have disabled vibration. whatsapp is not in the notification settings list. i tried all ur suggestions. But no use. Really disappointing...........

RaoRSharath

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, i updated my lumia 1520 from black to cyan and i face these problems on watsapp.

1. I am unable to attach photos, contacts or ever location. It just keeps me waiting and waiting. Any suggestions??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit