Downgrade to 8.1

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey. Since installing WP 8.1.1 DP the battery life on my L1020 has become horrible. I could live with that until 8.1.1 gets released officially, but the biggest problem is that the battery now drains in the car when I'm using the phone as a nav, even when it's plugged in. And I have a long trip in the beginning of October, I need the phone to manage about 8 hours in nav mode without switching off. The battery life on 8.1 DP was fine, so I guess my best option is to downgrade to 8.1. Now comes the problem - I use a Mac at home and I have a Windows PC at work. The Windows PC is on Vista, so no Nokia Software Recovery Tool for me. I tried using a virtual Windows 7 via Oracle's Virtual Box, but it couldn't recognize my phone. Is there anything else I can do?

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Same problem,but it last almost a day,with using nav and all other stuff.just get a better charger,it looks like the charger u have is not good enough or not meant for the 1020.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine won't last a day. Battery Sense shows that it drains at about 3.2% per hour when idle an can get to 20% per hour when I'm just reading Twitter or doing anything else. As for the charger, I don't use anything special- just a micro-USB cable and a simple USB adapter that outputs 2A and 5V which should be more than enough for the phone, as the charger you get in the box has 1,5A and 5V.

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Have you try soft or hard reset? If you have those and still not helping,then to downgrade,you need Nokia recovery tool,but I'm not sure if this will downgrade you to 8.1 or to 8.0,last time tried,it went back to 8.0 about a month ago.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's what the post is about. :) NSRT doesn't run on either Mac or Windows Vista and my phone doesn't get recognized in a virtual machine with Windows 7.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try using the phone with Cortana unpinned and see if that helps. Everything else on that list I have already tried.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Right. I've also checked the email accounts, according to the list you sent, and switched everything to check every 1-2 hours. I'll post an update here to tell if that helped or not.

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your link. Only one day has passed and I'm seeing a definite increase in lifetime. The nav no longer eats away on the battery and I'm back at the 8.1 battery life. What I did in addition to the aforementioned steps, was that I reviewed my start screen and removed all live tiles that I didn't desperately need. That, in turn, allowed me to decrease the number of columns back to four. Now it looks cleaner - in addition to helping out with the battery.

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear 😊 just keep checking the battery saver after nee app or maybe update,some my go back to running in the background. Lets hope ms and Nokia do something better when they release the full update.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
You need a Nokia brand car charger to keep it charged all the time. A generic won't do. But a MODEL # DC-17.
All the rest even tho' they say output 5V aren't they won't keep it charged and will take hours.
The above model takes less time than the OE AC wall charger.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey. Since installing WP 8.1.1 DP the battery life on my L1020 has become horrible. I could live with that until 8.1.1 gets released officially, but the biggest problem is that the battery now drains in the car when I'm using the phone as a nav, even when it's plugged in. And I have a long trip in the beginning of October, I need the phone to manage about 8 hours in nav mode without switching off. The battery life on 8.1 DP was fine, so I guess my best option is to downgrade to 8.1. Now comes the problem - I use a Mac at home and I have a Windows PC at work. The Windows PC is on Vista, so no Nokia Software Recovery Tool for me. I tried using a virtual Windows 7 via Oracle's Virtual Box, but it couldn't recognize my phone. Is there anything else I can do?

Hello. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-way-worse-under-8-1-upgrade.html#post2753897

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Try changing your theme to black (if your theme is white)....... Also, if you are using double tap to wake up feature then switch it off because it keeps your proximity sensor switched on all the time which consumes huge amounts of battery....... I think that if you follow these steps then you may see huge difference in your battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes