Would any one wants to see other OEM's new phones like Samsung Note 4, LG G3, etc on Windows OS?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I would love to see Note 4 with windows OS.

Any news about the new LG device and as Lenova bought Motorola(correct me if I am wrong) and Lenova are already working on Windows OS can we expect new Moto G's/'s in Windows OS?

Please let me know if there are any kind of eveleaks...

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It would be great for people I guess. Though tech media wouldn't be very happy about this. The Verge would be the first to drop bombs. And I am sure Google wouldn't really let the deal happen.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It would be great for people I guess. Though tech media wouldn't be very happy about this. The Verge would be the first to drop bombs. And I am sure Google wouldn't really let the deal happen.

Google wouldn't have much of an option. If OEMs want to produce WP and Google tries to stop them, they risk the OEMs simply stop producing Android phones.
They tried to boss around Samsung and the result of that was Tizen and Samsung preparing a path to ditch Android if Google keeps bossing them around. If Google then went to p*ss off LG, Sony, HTC, they would risk a union of OEMs to massively ditch Android.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure that the OEM's would ditch Android. As a matter of fact, with the low market share that WP's have, it would be financial suicide. Just my feeling at this time.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that the OEM's would ditch Android. As a matter of fact, with the low market share that WP's have, it would be financial suicide. Just my feeling at this time.

That's why I said that it would require them to get together. And if Google decided to intervene in their business decisions just to prevent them from releasing a phone with a different OS, they might just to that. Remember, OEMs are in it for the money, but they are in it to make money they way they want, not Google. If Sony, LG, HTC and even Samsung were to agree in ditching Android, the market should shift in favour of Microsoft. Because developers would go after OEMs. If they stopped releasing Android phones, developers would stop developing to the platform.

But you're right. It's also WP's low market share that would "prevent" Google from even bother to influence OEMs to not release WP devices.

This is all theory of course. Neither would Google try to prevent OEMs from re-purpose their Android hardware as WP, neither would they all get together to ditch a certain platform.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I guess Google CANNOT decide on other OEM's & that's why we have HTC One M8 & Samsung ATIV SE...

Where HTC One M8 did advertise good for Windows but I don't know about Samsung ATIV SE(though it has good internal specs)...

So I was just thinking why can't Samsung release Note 4 for Windows and may be in future if Microsoft's market is good then every OEM will release their new products on both the platforms...:grincry: Just hoping this comes true as most of the people don't even care to look at Windows Mobile even though our OS is robust and fills in every GAP the other OS have...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon