Fixes you would like to see on Windows Phone 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Now that support for Windows Phone 8.1 has officially ceased existing users will not receive updates to the platform, not that we got or were expecting any since Microsoft switched attention over to Windows 10 Mobile development in 2015. Microsoft released the last update for WP8.1 (build 8.10.15148.160) in May of 2015. Some Lumias did not even get the GDR2 update and are stuck on earlier builds. Basically, 8.1 users are stuck. WP8.1 is a solid OS but it ain't perfect. Having used WP8.1 exclusively for a few years you notice bugs, faults, inconsistencies, missing or incomplete features and so on. Some are subtle while others stick out like sore thumbs.

This is more a wish list than anything but what would you like to see updated or fixed on the platform? I'm not talking about bugs in third party apps, and I'm not talking about adding features because W10M addressed that. I'm talking about bugs and other issues within the mobile operating system. Just a few small bugs I'd like to see fixed are the fuzzy text issue (see HERE and HERE), the Bing lockscreen wallpaper not updating automatically (must force update by going into Settings>lock screen), backups failing, the music player remaining in memory with no way to turn it off (you have to switch the phone off and on again), and Family Room not working anymore. Some of these issues were fixed in W10M but obviously not all Lumia users could or had upgraded to the newer OS.

So what about you? What would like like to see addressed? Post away!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium