Notification Area Bug?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I find it weird that I can pull down the notification area while my screen is locked. If I try to go to one of the programs from there it is locked but people still can see the notifications and clear them.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I find it weird that I can pull down the notification area while my screen is locked. If I try to go to one of the programs from there it is locked but people still can see the notifications and clear them.

It's not a bug, however it's something that perhaps shouldn't be enabled by default. If you'd prefer the notifications to not be seen or cleared while phone is locked, then you need to go to settings > notifications+actions and then remove the tick from "Show notifications in action centre when my phone is locked". Once done, the toggles will be the only things viewable on the lockscreen.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It's not a bug, however it's something that perhaps shouldn't be enabled by default. If you'd prefer the notifications to not be seen or cleared while phone is locked, then you need to go to settings > notifications+actions and then remove the tick from "Show notifications in action centre when my phone is locked". Once done, the toggles will be the only things viewable on the lockscreen.

Great, though I am even still surprised that the notification area is assessable(though I guess it is not too bad as it gives faster access to those quick links) as in Android you had no access at all.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Great, though I am even still surprised that the notification area is assessable(though I guess it is not too bad as it gives faster access to those quick links) as in Android you had no access at all.

They're there, but you need to enter pin to use them. So it's just visible.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Too bad they don't have an option to show you the notifcations(like who it is from and what program ie skype) but not the message content.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)