Laagy Start Screen? Try this trick!

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so after GDR1 my 1520 started lagging on the start screen. I kept thinking of downgrading but really didn't get the time. So yesterday I was fettling with my Start Screen and thought what if it were the folders that were causing the lag. Removed all the folders, and voila! It doesn't lag anymore and has made a world of difference to the experience. So I thought I'd post it here! Hope it helps
Cheers!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey OP, yes I've been thinking "Folders" might be the culprit as well, but can't live without it. My phone was acting up a few hours back, as it turns out that was due to the new update to age of empires. Even after I stopped the update it kept dying and getting stuck on the Nokia loading screen. After I removed the game my phone went back to normal.... Hope you don't mind me sharing this here :D

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey OP, yes I've been thinking "Folders" might be the culprit as well, but can't live without it. My phone was acting up a few hours back, as it turns out that was due to the new update to age of empires. Even after I stopped the update it kept dying and getting stuck on the Nokia loading screen. After I removed the game my phone went back to normal.... Hope you don't mind me sharing this here :D
Course not! It has been different for lots of people. For some it was the live tiles, some removed Cortana and some removed the third row. The problem with our Lumias' is that most bugs and defects are unique to each device.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
The Start Screen and Folders work better than smoothly on my Lumia, but I will give you a "thank" for that sharing. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes