Live Tiles not working properly

Dre325

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with live tiles in 8.1? I just got Cyan on my AT&T Lumia 920 and am on the preview for developers, but the issues aren't new. I have three sports apps pinned next to each other as I was trying to decide which one to keep. However, even with all three live tiles enabled, I get random updates, and I have opened each of the apps within the last day. All are set to show updates of my favorite teams.

Here's the details:
-ESPN mobile shows the Mariners vs Houston final score from a game last week
-ESPN Hub (Nokia version) shows a Seahawks game scheduled for 9/21
-Bing Sports shows a scheduled Mariners vs Angels game from a while back (time says 7:10, today they play them at 1:15.)

I emailed the ESPN app developers and they said to remove and reinstall which I did but that didn't help.

Am I the only one dealing with these terrible live tiles? I do have all three enabled in my settings. I'll add a screenshot later when I can get to a computer.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Remind me how that is done?

Hold the Volume Down and the Power buttons at the same time until your phone vibrates.

I'm confused about your question though. Why would every app display the same thing?

Also, are your other Live Tiles updating normally? If you have too many (around 15) they can stop working properly.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I would not reset the phone if the other live tiles are updating as they should.
It might be a problem with these apps, or they might be set to update once a day for example. Ask the developer how often they set the tile to update.
If you open an app with live tile and is telling you that there are many background apps, you should close some apps from updating in the background (in battery saver).

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing some issues with live tiles failing to update since updating to 8.1. It used to happen now and again on 8.0 but it seems to be happening far more regularly now. Bing (MSN) News, Sports and Weather fail with alarming regularity plus other apps too.

Was hoping that this aspect from 8.0 would be improved on 8.1 but it doesn't seem so.

I just want things to work without having to jump through all these hoops.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
This is an ongoing issue for me as well - live tiles for some apps just do not update properly, even after going into the app and manually syncing the data. It's very frustrating and gives a certain unpolished feeling to the window phone experience. It's just something you learn to accept and live with as a windows phone user.

Insider Pro
Cal
627.AM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon