Multi-tasking Improvement after Update 8.10.14203.306

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
A few hours after the announcement of the release of Windows Phone Build 8.1.1, I noticed that the "Resuming" delay appears less frequently or, at the very least, does not linger as long as it did before the update.

Apps load more quickly now, including switching in between apps. Animations seems to be more crisp and the phone feels more responsive in general.

Loading time for Skype has improved dramatically, with absolutely no lag - a far cry from it's sluggish performance in the previous OS update.

I also noticed that the phone makes the "lock" click sound when the screen times out by itself - the sound only played when the screen is turned off by shortly pressing the power button.

There has been a report on an improvement on battery life in this thread, but I'm yet to experiment further on this. So far, all I can say is that my phone is taking a longer time to charge. Of course there have been added features in Battery Saver, but that has been covered in the article posted above already.:cool:

Let us know you're observations!

L1020 here

Update: I initially couldn't change the lock screen provider, but all is well after a phone restart.

Last edited:

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree, phone runs fluid now and i haven't seen resuming for 6 hours straight (with 512mb ram)
Also app loading is now faster. That's why i love Windows Phone ^_^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2