Trying WP8.1 for a week - Some questions ... want to be successful!

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I thought I'd give WP 8.1 a go to see how I like it. By way of background, I love my SP3, so I thought marrying phone and laptop/tablet may make sense. I bought a Lumia 928, got it yesterday and am using it full-time this week (including a business trip in the middle).

I'm hoping to ask some questions to get tips and avoid some frustration. The thread should evolve through the week.

So here goes.

This morning I had to send two attachments that were on an email from two weeks ago to a different receiver. I had to:
1. Attach a PDF and an Excel file
2. Send the email either without history, or as a new email (I couldn't share history for confidentiality reasons)

I couldn't find a way to save the PDF on my phone separately from the email. That prevented my from being able to attach it to a new email. I also couldn't share it from Adobe Reader or PDF Reader without it being on OneDrive and sharing a link (impossible, receiver can't access OneDrive through our firewall). I ended up having to go to Outlook Web Access and do it through IE.

Is there a way I can do this efficiently?

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately pdf and Word documents saved from email are tied to their respective hubs and can only be shared individually from each hub.

However, if you access email via a browser on your phone you could download the file to documents folder, then use the Metromail app to send the attachments.

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Once I was in the browser, I just forwarded the original email, deleted the history, and sent it. No need at that stage to go to Metromail. Just a PIA to do it in the browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99