Apps Not Showing in Store Search

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. My home automation app of choice recently became available on Windows Phone. That was the one thing I have been waiting for to come back to the platform. Ive been bouncing between iOS/Android for the majority of the year. I truly forgot how much i love WP.

One strange thing that has been happening though, and it certainly wasnt the case last time I was on Windows. I'd say almost every single app I search for in the Store yields no results. Even looking at "top free, top paid, etc" in the the store shows nothing. However, when i search for an app using Cortana - it will give me a link to the app and redirect me to the store where i can download. This is super frustrating. How am i going to discover new apps if I cant browse the complete store?

This certainly seems like a regional thing. I am in the US and I am using a Lumia 930. I have set my region and language to United States. I simply cannot get (most) apps to show up by searching in the store.

Has anyone come across this? Any help would be appreciated.

​Thanks!

Jean_Philippe VERT

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue: any search will have no result, even if I search by the app name (like "facebook"). Searching on the windowsphone web site is OK, so I guess it's only a problem with the store app. (Lumia 830 on Rogers Canada, language set to French-Canadian, region set to Canada).

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I saw several people talk about this on Reddit too. My search problems have fixed themselves over the weekend. Which is awesome, but confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes