Stream videos on my TV

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
How do I stream YouTube videos from my Windows phone or PC to my TV. And my TV doesn't has a HDMI port. It only had USB port also I have Wi-Fi connection how do i play YouTube videos directly on my TV using my Wi-Fi. Do note that i don't have a smart TV.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all which phone do you have?
Second of all check out tubecast, I use it to stream youtube videos on my x1 works perfectly.

Also if you want to connect your PC to your TV as it doesn't have a HDMI, you will have to use a VGA to RGB Connector. As all the Miracast / WiDi adapters need HDMI and I don't think there are any that display out via RGB.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I connect my PC to my tv through Xbox 360....and I can use my YouTube app on WP to play YouTube vids,also can just use built in YouTube app on Xbox.its free,you don't need a gold membership anymore to use.....you could just buy a roku...and plug into your tv

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I thought may be a dongle like think would be available which would just connect to USB port of my TV and I would directly stream videos from Lumia 520 to that dongle via a dedicated app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I see, from the top of my head I read one or two articles of a usb streaming stick last year (think it was jak multishare?) however I don't think it is still being sold. This is due to the advent of devices like Roku which uses HDMI.

You can have a hunt around the internet and you may get lucky, however you may be hard pressed to find one and even if you did; I don't think the company has a windows phone app or there is a third party alternative. You could try it in combination with apps like Tubecast but there is no guarantee this method will work.

Edit: Found the articles -

http://androidspin.com/2013/01/15/meet-jak-the-new-usb-wireless-streaming-stick-on-the-block/

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phone-accessories/jak-multishare-usb-1125264/review

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon