Xbox music

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Any alternatives? For those not using Xbox music, what is your favorite music player? The errors and duplicates are beyond unbearable as I have over 6000 tracks on my SD card.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
You should check your file structure and metadata.
I have on 10,000 songs on the SD card with no duplicates or errors.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You should check your file structure and metadata.
I have on 10,000 songs on the SD card with no duplicates or errors.
I've synced everything with iTunes through the windows phone desktop app. The file cannot be played on your device error keeps popping up for certain songs/albums. Care to elaborate for those having the same problem?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've synced everything with iTunes through the windows phone desktop app. The file cannot be played on your device error keeps popping up for certain songs/albums. Care to elaborate for those having the same problem?

Is this error only for songs bought via iTunes?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
That is how I put my local music on, copied from PC to SD card, got that lot working (Only a couple of small issues) then took out a music pass and have now trebled my collection and all works fine.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
That is how I put my local music on, copied from PC to SD card, got that lot working (Only a couple of small issues) then took out a music pass and have now trebled my collection and all works fine.

Issues? Were you able to get your playlists that way as well?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
One or two very odd albums didn't show album art but these were "Best of" crap re-releases, so I got rid of them, one or two albums didn't copy over first time, so I took the trouble to make sure my phone was in sync with my PC before I got into the music pass.

Not much help on the playlists as I have always been an album person.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am off to bed in a minute, so I won't reply again tonight, I get the impression that Xbox music needs to be approached with a bit of forethought especially if you have a large local collection, I have always copied my tracks/albums from one device to another and stayed clear of letting the system sync my files.

The one setting I don't have on is "Automatically Match my songs to the cloud".

If this is or has been on, it may pay you start again if that is what is causing issues.

Another thing to consider is having your "Music" folder as the only folder Xbox Music looks for music, we had an issue when I set my wife up with a music pass because the system was trying to put music onto a shared network drive.

I have to say, I have had a very good experience with Xbox music on my PC's, phone and now my Xbox One, but it did take a bit of thinking through before I committed to it, and as mentioned I then took out a music pass, tripled my collection in a few months and just bought a 128G SD card to replace my fast filling up 32G and the whole lot works pretty well together.

You will find lots of people who moan about Xbox music, I think a lot of this is down to how they go about the initial setup.

Good luck and I will be about tomorrow if I can help although I am just a casual user and no expert.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It seems when I loaded only specific albums in the windowsphone desktop manager, I didn't have the duplicate and error problem. Once I used 'sync all music' the errors and duplicates began. I'm going to try and troubleshoot by deleting only the songs that have an error and then resync everything, hopefully getting a clean copy. If that doesn't work, I'll reformat my SD card and manually add albums and just create playlists locally on the phone.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Didn't fix all the problems. But a little digging revealed that Xbox music is having problems playing compilations and soundtracks where the album artist is listed as "various artists" in iTunes. After changing that, all albums that had error 80070003 were fixed.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Didn't fix all the problems. But a little digging revealed that Xbox music is having problems playing compilations and soundtracks where the album artist is listed as "various artists" in iTunes. After changing that, all albums that had error 80070003 were fixed.

Yup, I change anything that's various artists on Windows media player before putting it on my phone, works a treat!!

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have also noticed that albums with "various artists" seem to cause all kinds of errors in the Windows Phone music app. They just need more careful attention to the album artist and artist fields. It requires more effort to get it right, especially if your music library was established over many years with iTunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon